G4 Owners Club

G4 Daily ?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic69460.aspx

By Fatboynotsothin - 5 Apr 2017

Who uses there G4 as their daily ? If not whats your 2nd car ? 
By camelrock - 5 Apr 2017

Use the G4 for social, days out, holidays. Use a L/R 90 for work commute off roading. Use the wife's freelander 2 for social, shopping etc
By Fredmick - 5 Apr 2017

G4 for social,show,gatherings and mild laning. Use a 1987 90 for everyday,towing,general running about and laning...particularly rougher lanes or checking out unknown lanes. And Karens Swift if we go out and theres more than us two. The othe two motors only have 4 seats between them. lol 
By DiscoCY - 6 Apr 2017

I use mine as a daily driver!  I find it so satisfying to drive and comfortable on all journeys, also great for long distance adventures and business trips. 

That said - I've just bought a Golf GTI which I'm trying to use for more of the day-to-day miles as the G4 isn't always the most practical car for the city (and isn't the most inconspicuous!). I'm also trying to manage the mileage on the D3 (thinking of depreciation, wear & tear, supermarket car park dinks etc) so I'm trying to use the Golf more for errands and just shooting around from A to B. 

I bought the G4 as my dream car though so still drive it whenever I can :D 
By G4DiscoDave - 6 Apr 2017

I use mine as a daily driver...can't hide anywhere but I wouldn't own a G4 if I minded being noticed! Love it and can't afford to have another daily driver to insure 😱, especially with a 16 year old daughter ready for her own car!!!
By martin bisby - 7 Apr 2017

Me, it's used daily, has 139K on the clock, just put two new BFG Km2's on the rear and is used for what it was designed to do, had 12 wounderful years with it, no major drama apart from head gasket last year, it's not on LPG and no I don't even think about the fuel bill.

Regards
Martin
By Scotch Ian - 7 Apr 2017

G4 gets used for days out, shopping, holidays etc. I've a 1986 90 to run to work and still tryin to finish rebuilding my 1985 90 for offroading
By DurtyDisco - 9 Apr 2017

Wife uses Tigger as her daily driver, despite me buying her a Hippo as a run around!

The advantage at the moment is I am using the Hippo as my Audi is in have major heart surgery yet again :-(
By Hillbilly - 9 Apr 2017

Only use mine for going to Newport  - once a week, or the odd trips around the valleys.  (Just don't see G4's around here)

Everyday runabout / workhorse is M reg. Pajero 2800.

Off to Polperro next weekend for the week and don't really want to take my G4, cause of the mileage !!
Pajero will probably get me there and back ??

Tony

D3G4 BT08 BSO  Fleet No. 36  mileage: 84000

By Pip66 - 11 Apr 2017

The D3 gets a little bit of use, because it's such a nice place to be....
The D2....... Well those that know me, know that very rarely comes out of the garage  !!!!!
As for the family hack. Mel has a Saab 93. Great motorway car, just eats the miles.
And I have a company Rocket ship..... I mean Astra van  !!!!!!!!!! :Whistling:

Phil.

By Verydisco - 13 Apr 2017

Depending on weather conditions the G4 is a DD, especilly now that the roads are salt free- I don't mind rain, but don't drive it when they put salt on the roads.

We must drive them to keep them running fine!
By curryman - 14 Apr 2017

Yes use the D2 G4 every day, mainly used for local drives going to work and the D4 now does the donkey work towing the caravan and long trips etc.
By markbrizeG4 - 14 Apr 2017

Hi all ,

The D3 is used every day by jude and the D2 sadly is sat on the drive waiting for the funds to get it a MOT and any other work that need to get back into ship shape
I run a 2.7 full fat 4motion VW Golf for my runs to work and back , I dont think the G4s would like being sat in a limestone quarry for 6 days a week 
Happy driving all 

Mark
By Gr4eme - 14 Apr 2017

Still in the process of bringing mine back to life after buying it from a less than reputable garage.
Spent over £2k on it already but lots of little niggles left (LPG is no more).

I use it for fun stuff and great for carting the pups around.

http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/b7b200e4-6d9f-4ea0-b847-18db.jpg

By Gr4eme - 14 Apr 2017

Martin,

How much did a head gasket set you back? Think mine might need doing soon.
By martin bisby - 20 Apr 2017

Just short of £2000, however that did include whilst the car was stripped down, new cam & followers, new oil pump, new water pump, new radiator, new A/C condenser and rad, coil packs and plug leads and plugs, and a prop shaft. The prop shaft wasn't noticed until everything was being put back together.

Regards
Martin
By Gr4eme - 21 Apr 2017

Seems fair for that amount of work. 
By spannerrash - 22 Jun 2017

Take it in turns between the big G4, wee G4 and the green machine
By MrsDurtyDisco - 2 Jul 2017

UPDATE.. I now drive a G4 Freelander 2 as my daily drive. Tigger is now only used for social and pleasure driving after many years of service.
By creakyprop - 23 Sep 2017

Yes if my wife hasn't already taken it out!
Running around town  for business- using her to  tow my utility trailer or machinery. Mechanically sound-  few spots of rust to  work on, but having been  without a Landrover for 17 years its been a treat coming back  with my G4 Edn!
By Fredmick - 23 Sep 2017

My V8 D2 is more of a reserve team and social motor. Normally use my 90 on a daily basis but its still making some horrible noises from the back axle so currently at the garage,so the "reserve" has had to come out 
By Kevin Heslop - 4 Jan 2018

Split about even between my G4 RR and my '94 defender 110. But the family prefer the RR for distances. My wife's matiz only comes 3rd with about 2k miles a year.