G4 Owners Club

G4 Event Bike 2006

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76129.aspx

By WTL - 25 Mar 2018

We have a 2006 G4 Event bike that has faded paint work on the frame - gas anyone refurbished their bike as the decals aren't stickers and wanted to know how you went about it or should we just leave it as original

Any help and advice greatly appreciated
By Border26 - 25 Mar 2018

You are the first in the club that I know of that has an original event bike from 06.
I would reccomend leaving it as original but if you plan to restore Photo and measure all the decals before you start and ask the club and or a local sign writer to reproduce them.

Jon

By DurtyDisco - 26 Mar 2018

I’d be inclined to take a picture and post here to confirm it’s an event bike from 06, as Jon said these are extremely rare as most were left in country after the event and not brought back to ththe UK.
By WTL - 27 Mar 2018

Thanks for the replies

Will get some photos and upload later as well as the spec to compare with original bikes

Does the club have any original pictures of event bikes?

The decals on this bike are painted and not stuck on which is why we thought original event bike from 2006

By WTL - 27 Mar 2018

The bike has the following spec:

S-RAM X7 - 27 gears
TruVativ crankset
Gila Plus - T6 RST Rock Shox front suspension
Tioga headset, handlebar and seat
Front & Rear Hydraulic Brakes
Disc Brakes front & Rear
Paint has faded and looks original Tangiers Orange just under seat on stem
Decals are not stickers but painted
Green Tyres are being removed​

Hopefully the following pics will help​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​
By WTL - 28 Mar 2018

After doing some more research have found the following picture and specification

​​ 

RockShox Pike U Turn Front Forks - in 2005 they were called RockShox Pike Team U Turn
Avid Juicy / Hope Brakes

Can anyone else confirm if the gears were trigger or gripshift

​​Still trying to find out who made these bikes as can provide frame number ​​

​​​​​
By Border26 - 29 Mar 2018

Been a bit busy at the mo but I do have a few pics of the bikes. From this evening I have a few days down time and can catch up and get some more pics in here for you.
The pike suspension in good condition will set you back anyway from £150 to £500. If your going for a full restoration it will take some time and a fair few pennys. 

Jon
By Scotch Ian - 29 Mar 2018

Sure this is the one I enquiries about on Facebook where the seller believed it took part in the Paris-Dakar and had changed almost every part of the bike bar the frame from its original spec
By WTL - 29 Mar 2018

Thank for the replies.... We appreciate that getting this back to original condition will cost as it's got Land Rover on it and for some strange reason everything associated with Land Rover costs money.

We are just compiling a list of original parts and will try and source these whilst preparing the bike for a complete refurb. We are lucky as we undertake refurbishment projects for our business from shotblasting to powder coating and painting

Look forward to seeing any pictures