G4 Owners Club

BT52 CNU

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic12926.aspx

By Kisangani - 4 Jul 2009

Hi all,

spotted BT52 CNU this afternoon at Sandown Park racecourse. Is she a 2003 G4 vehicle or just a tangier orange Range Rover? No G4 kit or markings what so ever, and a seemingly matt black 1 metre or so wide stripe running from the front bumper over the bonnet, roof and down the tailgate. I must say she did look fab, I would have taken a pic excpet it just started raining.

G4 for or not? Does she belong to anyone here?

Rich

By julesthorne - 5 Jul 2009

I would be interested too, as I own BT52CNV also a FFRR.

Cheers

jules
By camel_landy - 5 Jul 2009

Yep, CNU is a pukkah G4 FFRR.

M
By Kisangani - 5 Jul 2009

Do you know anything about her? As I said, there was absolutely no G4 kit or markings, anyone know who she belongs too?
By julesthorne - 5 Jul 2009

nope,

just very interested as her registration is so close to mine.

Cheers

Jules
By adesg4 - 6 Jul 2009

BT52CNU was a 2003 event and selctions vehicle.

I saw it a couple of years ago and took some pics, can't find them at present though.

Adrian

By camel_landy - 6 Jul 2009

adesg4 (7/6/2009)
I saw it a couple of years ago and took some pics, can't find them at present though.

Would those be the pics of if getting pulled out of a muddy hole, backwards???

M
By adesg4 - 6 Jul 2009

Possibly!!!!.

Adrian

By macg4 - 7 Jul 2009

hi

i think i've seen them pic's, not nice! :w00t:

andy

By Barry Bethell - 1 May 2016

Hello Rich. Ref. BT52 CNU. Sorry it's taken 7 years for you to get a reply but I've just bought this car and, yes...........still sporting black stripes, 22" Overfinch wheels, quad chrome exhausts and nothing else but factory Tangiers Orange paint. Oh dear! When I'm finished, it will be just as it was originally. Any pictures appreciated. Thanks.
By marco g4 - 1 May 2016

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the club.

Mark
By Pip66 - 1 May 2016

As Mark has said. And a very warm welcome, to the club.

Phil.

By Hillbilly - 1 May 2016

Hello there,
As the others have already said, Welcome to the Orange side, from the valleys of South Wales.

Tony

D3G4 BT08 BSO  Fleet No. 36

Ex. D3G4  BD08 VRX  Fleet No. 27  Gone to Glasgow - but not forgotten.

BT52 CNU. Thanks for the warm welcome. Apparently there are pictures of my car getting stuck somewhere? Perhaps the embarrassment lead to the previous owner trying to completely disguise it as a footballers car........ha ha!
By macg4 - 1 May 2016

Welcome to the club
Are you planning on turning it back to spec
I'm sure you'll get loads of help from everyone here
Andy
North Yorkshire

Thanks Andy. Yes I am. It's going to be expensive but the end result should be worth it. No winch, no underbody protection, no roof rack, no G4 stickers............oh bugger!
By marco g4 - 1 May 2016

The club has the stickers and the roof rack plaques.
The roof racks come up on eBay occasionally.
It's the ladder that's more difficult but I'm hopefully having one copied for a Range Rover I've bought missing the ladder so could get a price for a second one.
Someone has listed some underbody protection for sale on the G4 owners club Facebook page about a month back if this helps in the search for it.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I'd be interested in a price for the ladder. Unfortunately though, that's going to be last on my list for the moment as Warn winch and roof rack are going to swallow more than my budget alone. I will keep checking ebay and the facebook page. Keep me posted ref ladder.

Cheers.
By marco g4 - 1 May 2016

Have you found a winch? Used ones are hard to come by.

Mark

Unfortunately not. May have to buy new. It's making my eyes water just thinking about it. I've found a new L322 winch tray (takes a Warn winch) that's reasonably priced but not sure how this will fit together with underbody protection etc. Cheers.
By DurtyDisco - 1 May 2016

Barry

Rear L322 ladder on eBay at the moment

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=272223500302&alt=web

Welcome to the club!

Andi

Barry

Some of our members have used this company for replacement parts as well.

All manufactured to G4 spec.

http://www.voyagerracks.com/MK3_L322_Accessories.htm

Regards

Andi
By marco g4 - 1 May 2016

Word of warning the ladder on eBay is nothing like the original safety devices ladder as the runs are straight and the originals came out a bit. Also looked at the voyager ladders and they are nothing like the original ones either.

Mark

BT52CNU shown in pic with correct ladder.....&CNE

Looks the same as the one listed on eBay to me.........
By marco g4 - 1 May 2016

They changed the ladders between o3 and 06 event. But they are different on eBay campaired to the original. I know when Jon bought the one off voyager he said it was not the same as the original ones.

2003 roof racks & ladders were made by Saftey Devices....
2006 roof racks & ladders were made by Breed, so they would be different.....
Also these are listed on the vehicle spec sheets for each year on the clubs homepage in the "About the vehicles" section
I think Barry is looking for a 2003 version which I believe is what is on eBay.....
By marco g4 - 1 May 2016

It's the bit at the bottom of the ladder that's different where it attaches to the upper tailgate. The originals were thicker on the left side.
By Kisangani - 2 May 2016

Hi Barry,

welcome to the club, its great to have a spotted message replied to after such a long time. Good luck with the restoration, it will be well worth it in the end. Do keep us posted with pics as you go.

Cheers

Rich
By Barry Bethell - 2 May 2016

Just realised that it's my car in the picture on the raft (CNU)! That's awesome. Many thanks for that DurtyDisco.

Thanks to others again for help so far. Much appreciated.
By DurtyDisco - 3 May 2016

Barry Bethell (5/2/2016)
Just realised that it's my car in the picture on the raft (CNU)! That's awesome. Many thanks for that DurtyDisco.

Thanks to others again for help so far. Much appreciated.

No worries Barry, hopefully we will see you out and about at some of the shows this year...
Best regards
Andi