G4 Owners Club

Wiring diagram for roof rack spots??

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic13716.aspx

By Richie Astridge - 5 Oct 2009

I have recently acquired BD52 CTE and what an awesome truck it is!! I believe the vehicle was used in South Africa as a press car. The previous owner had bought the G4 roofrack and lights but not connected them up so he could take off the roof rack if needed. The wires for the lights have been fed down the snorkel and into the engine bay but has been left to be connected.

Has anyone by any miracle got a wiring diagram or has any idea where the lights connect to (engine fuse box, glove box fuse box etc.....) The winch and twin lights around it work fine.

Any help would be very much appreciated!! :cool:

Rich 

By beardiedog - 13 Nov 2009

Did you ever find out? at some point I'll be doing the same.
By Richie Astridge - 13 Nov 2009

Didn't find out any info unfortunately. Had a good ferret around under the bonnet as the wires are already there - its just where on earth do they connect to???!!!!!

Luckily I've got a great local Land Rover garage ("4 plus 4" in Leeds) who are going to look at it next Tuesday so cross fingers........

I'll quiz them to the how/what/where when I pick it up and hopefully I'll have some info for you!

Rich
By CraigS-L - 13 Nov 2009

The Warn Installation Wiring diagram is buried in the technical support section of their website - I did out the link on here a couple of years ago, it might be in th emembers section, or you could call Martin at Arbil?
By aedwar57 - 13 Nov 2009

I'm sure this has come up before - pm or email Adrian - technical....
By Richie Astridge - 13 Nov 2009

Thanks very much to both of you for the info ;)

Will have a look tonight when i get home

Rich
By DannyBalls - 15 Nov 2009

Not sure if this will help.
By macg4 - 15 Nov 2009

hi

that looks right,

thats how mine are wired

andy

By adesg4 - 15 Nov 2009

Remember you will need 2 of these circuits if you want to use the lights in pairs.

I had mine as outer and inner pairs.

Dual mode switch is WARN PN-38402

Available from ARBIL.

By DannyBalls - 15 Nov 2009

The DII's had two controllers. Is it safe to assume that one of the controllers was for the rack mounted lights and the second controller was for the winch mounted lights?
By aedwar57 - 16 Nov 2009

you are correct
By DannyBalls - 16 Nov 2009

Since we are on this topic, has anyone ever installed a second battery and a dual battery isolator in a DII? By my math with the six WARN lamps on the max current draw is around 58 amps. That is alot of current. I have seen a few modifcations before where the bottle jack is removed the battery box and two battery's are aligned in the remaining space. I am looking to see if anyone else has attempted this and where the battery's were mounted.
By Richie Astridge - 17 Nov 2009

Blimey you guys are helpful !!!!!!!!! I don't check the forum as much as I would like to but the wiring diagram that you attached is going to make things sooo much easier for me.

Can't wait to get them all up and running now!

Thanks again

Rich

By macg4 - 4 May 2016

D2 owners 

some help please.
any chance of a picture? of were the relays are installed please
 going to be making a loom up this weekend, are the warns on the roof rack
wired as pairs(outsides and insides?) or individuals back to the relays.I know they work of one switch
through two relays Hi/Lo Via the warn controller,I have a separate one for the
winch spots.
Ps i'm an electrician  
so black to black/red to red/blue to pieces.  

thanks in advance Andy  
By Pip66 - 4 May 2016

When I had mine wired. My Auto electrician put the relays and fuses, next to the battery, in the bit that would hold the ECU, if it were a TD5.
All the roof lights work together, with the winch lights working separately. As far as I know they are power up when you have full beam on.
I had mine wired to work once the side lights are on.
The looms that come with the lights aren't really much use for the roof lights other than chopping them about and making the rest up yourself.
Also the original way they were wired was to run the cables up through the RAI, then fed through the rack. Hence why they all rot away.
Mine runs up the outside. Not 100% correct but it works for me.

Phil.