G4 Owners Club

Should events be locked down to only Club members?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic14691.aspx

By beardiedog - 5 Jan 2010

This is just a thought that occurred to me the ohther day as I went onto the site from work where I hadn't logged in before.  I couldn't see my post about the Pay n Play I'm taking my lad to this Sunday and found out the events are members only.  Just wondering why this is as non memebrs may wish to meet up and then possibly join up afterwards.  Or even if the club events are locked down but non club ones are not.  Just a thought.... other areas make sense to exclude non members. 
By Emon - 5 Jan 2010

Hi Darren,

Just to give you some background; we have debated the issue of how much to open up and how much to keep for fully paid up members for a long time. As you would expect there is no clear or simple answer. Our club is slightly different in the respect that most people who own a G4 would want to join the club and therefore reap the benefits of vehicle info and events. To compare for example with the D3 club, where most people who own a Disco3 will not neccesarily be a member of the Disco3 club.

Our focus has been to create exclusive value for members as much as we can. One of the things we say is that if there is a G4 owner who wants to find out all the details about their specific vehicle, then they need to join. At the same time we do try and help those are enquiring about the authenticity about a vehicle they wish to buy and need some help from us, which we provide.

Any G4 related events that we create via the membership (1. Arrange by the committee e.g. shows and 2. members creating an event/get together on their own), is for the benefit of the fully paid up members. We need to create traction to ensure that there are enough paid up members to make the club financially viable. This exclusivity seems to work well.

The primary recruitment target are G4 owners, but we allow any one to join and have paid up membership, although such members may be enthusiasts, they are very small in numbers are not the primary target of the recruitment efforts.

Your post is good and hopefully the info above will go some way to explain how we are currently working.:)

By beardiedog - 5 Jan 2010

Hi Emon,

Thanks for the explanation.  I indeed joined because of my own car and getting information about which I must say I've been very pleased with.  Big thanks to all the guys for that. 

I feel it's been worthwhile joining because of that and I'm glad the information is kept to members only so I feel my membership is money well spent.  Personally I don't feel exposing non club events to non memebrs would diminish the value of the membership but I bow down to you guys' better judgement on that as you are doing a good job with the club from what I can see.

Cheers again, going to stare out the window now as looking forward to playing in the snow tomorrow....

By TJ101 - 7 Oct 2010

Guys,, Just to add to this, as this thread seams the best place

I am G4 less at present, (and was one of the original 10 members back in March 07,) and my membership had lapsed to Forum only

But, i still get the notification e-mails for new posts in topics etc i have posted in, but can now not see !!! 

Suppose i should rejoin :cool:

By martin bisby - 8 Oct 2010

tim

yes you should:D:D you know you want to;)

regards

martin

By TJ101 - 18 Oct 2010

martin bisby (08/10/2010)
tim

yes you should:D:D you know you want to;)

regards

martin

Sold,,  You talked me into it Martin  :D   Just need to find another G4 ???

By martin bisby - 18 Oct 2010

tim

well done, alans old D3 is for sale on e bay sharp increase in asking price:w00t:

Farnells at Guisley have one for sale

regards

martin