G4 Owners Club

D3 RRS Fuel Burning Heater

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic41827.aspx

By G4DiscoDave - 14 Apr 2015

Just read in last months LRO about a Britpart fuel burning heater controller. It seems that all of the vehicles had them fitted but it seems they are missing the control box - maybe an extra cost option?
Does anyone know anything about this and has anyone fitted the control box to make it work? Wondering whether it is worth investing at the end of this summer ready for the chilly mornings.
Cheers
By Kisangani - 14 Apr 2015

Hi David,

do you mean the webasto pre-heater?  http://www.disco3.co.uk/wiki/Fuel_Burning_Heater Can't say I really notice a difference inside the vehicle, but it seems to be more of an engine warming and fuel efficency process for getting the engine upto speed on cold days. Its the same system/principle for space heaters in truck sleeper cabs and that we use in our ambulances. The webasto system is fully functional in my D3, lots of smoke and acrid burning diesel smell. Not sure about a Britpart heater, but seems odd to have two systems fitted. Not sure if this helps at all.

Cheers

Rich
By camelrock - 15 Apr 2015

Don't know about s Britpart controller and to be honest if it's anything like the rest of the crap they produce I wouldn't want to. However you can get one from Bell auto's for about £250 I think. I have one on my car it even works with the standard remote.
By G4DiscoDave - 15 Apr 2015

Thanks for the info...I knew about the engine pre heater but was mainly wondering about its use as a cabin pre heater as mentioned above on trucks etc. got the impression this was what the control box is. I will investigate all the advice.
By Blippie - 26 Jul 2015

I've upgraded the Webasto on our Camel Trophy Freelander with the timer/control box and remote control option.  This means that I can choose to have the Webasto start heating the coolant prior to driving, and the cabin heater/demister blows into the car and demists the screen.

It was a fiddly fix, but those in the South West can do worse than googling a company called Halls Electrical who have depots in Bristol, Devon and Swindon and do all of the autoelectrical work for the police and ambulance service and are a dab hand at these sorts of things.

If the police trust them to dismantle a brand new Beamer to add all the flashy stuff, they should be able to handle a Land Rover!

Cheers

Chris
By beck66 - 30 Apr 2019

The controller I used was previously ordered on allicdata, which has met all my daily use needs.