G4 Owners Club

For Sale 5 x used Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 255/55/R19 111S

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic46588.aspx

By Kisangani - 9 Aug 2015

I have recently changed all my D3 tyres to a newer and more readily available Goodyear tyre. In so doing I now have the original tyres to sell.

There are 4 x 2008 and 1 x 2014 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 255/55/R19 111S for sale. The originals have completed around 55,000 miles with just two sessions off road.

I have thoroughly checked each tyre for obvious damage or areas to flag up and theses are listed below. Photos of each tyre and any damage is available upon request. Two of the 2008 are MOT failures. Details of tyre damage are listed below. All tread depths are taken from the middle of the tyre tread, unless otherwise stated.

Tyre 1 - 8mm tread. 2 cm cut on sidewall; scuff and slight cut on other sidewall
Tyre 2 - 10mm tread. MOT failure 25cm of multiple cuts, this tyre was used as my spare for 5 years
Tyre 3 - 7mm tread. MOT failure with multiple cracks on one sidewall through half the tyres circumference. Uneven wear with slight feathering on one side of the tread
Tyre 4 - 11mm tread. 2014 replacement no evident damage
Tyre 5 - 8mm tread. Had a slow puncture which was professionally repaired and is now airtight. Uneven wear, no feathering tread ranges from 6mm - 8mm - 7mm across the width of the tread. Slight 2cm cut on outer sidewall.

Tyres 1, 4, 5 I would happily continue driving with, and use tyre 2 as a spare.
Tyres 2 and 3 will make good substitutes for off-road tyres to use and abuse.

The tyres are for sale as a job lot, I will not be selling individual tyres. While I have checked the tyres thoroughly the buyer is responsible for ensuring they are fit for purpose.

£150 for the lot.

Any questions do let me know.

Thanks

Richard

By Kisangani - 19 Oct 2015

Hi everyone,

just wanted to update this. We are moving house in 3 weeks time, and I don't particularly fancy loading 5 old MTRs in to the removal van and then unloading them again at the other end, so I would really like to get rid of them. If any of you had been interested up to now, feel free to make offers, as it would be a bonus to move them on before we move.

If I get time they may well also end up on Ebay.

Cheers

Rich