G4 Owners Club

Orange D3 Car Fest South - Sunday..... You were not alone....

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic47726.aspx

By Farmer Chalk - 31 Aug 2015

Could catch the registration but hello to whoever parked in Car Park D/E yesterday.... We took the G4 as it had been widely reported the car parks were valleys of mud... As we were walking from our car park saw up on the hill another D3 looking resplendent!

Hope you enjoyed the show!
By Kisangani - 1 Sep 2015

Morning Farmer Chalk,

that was us, we were originally parked miles away, but snuck into the main car park to make it easier to lug our soggy gear. Very excited to see another G4 parked up there too. I'd tried to park right beside you for a photo, but there were so many drivers doing daft things in the mud I thought it safest just to get parked. Sorry not to pop over and say hi before we left, but slightly soggy and grumpy small child strapped in the back.

Would have loved to have stayed and played with the Hampshire 4 x 4 response guys pulling all the cars and campers out. Some very stupid driving by car drivers being done in the mud. Saw a beautiful Camel Trophy Defender on the Friday morning too, very smart.

I hope you had a good weekend, weather wasn't great but I think we got away lightly. Great event.

Rich
By G4DiscoDave - 2 Sep 2015

Well at some point there were 3 of us there! Rich, we were opposite you and a row away...was also going to pop over when I saw you sat on the tailgate but by the time the soggy tent, children and wife were packed away I saw you sure footedly leaving the rest behind. Looked fab!
Shows the quality of the systems on the D3s - I'm on road tyres and still couldn't get the duffs to lock on my way out on the soggy stuff.
I saw the Camel arrive on Friday and gave a wave but was struggling with an inappropriate trolley full of camping gear so couldn't talk! It's all in the timing eh?
Didn't spot you Farmer Chalk - shame...would have been a good photo!
By Farmer Chalk - 3 Sep 2015

Coolio!
Yes we were only day visitors on the Sunday.... You lot were super brave camping the weekend! Great day and the concert was superb! Showed my 15 yr old daughter some Dad dancing.....don't think she's quite recovered!

We were in the car park to the left of you and as we were arriving all the campers were carrying their stuff back to their cars! Good day out!
By Kisangani - 15 Sep 2015

Hi Dave,

so actually it was you I saw not farmer chalk, as like you say you were just opposite near the site entrance. It had been you I was trying to park up beside. Thanks for the pic. So apologies Farmer Chalk, didn't get to see you. So many G4s, how confusing!!

Looking forward to next years CarFest, planning on heading to the north one for a change.

Cheers

Rich