G4 Owners Club

BD08 VTN G4 Disco 3 Spotted in McDonald's car park Cramlington, Northumberland

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic48954.aspx

By G4 LRV - 12 Oct 2015

Hi Guys,
              I haven't posted much here on the forum since I sold G4 LRV in March (boo hoo, I miss her so much)...

Then on last Wednesday (07 Oct) late afternoon I pulled into the local McDonald's to get a coffee and the dogs a burger (honestly....) when I spotted this beastie! I hung around for 20 minutes but no one came and asked why I was acting suspiciously around their car ;-) She has a few war wounds and the bonnet decal was wrong but hey, it's a G4!!!!http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/73a41fec-0293-48a2-b4d3-6564.jpg
By DurtyDisco - 12 Oct 2015

Erm, why is the bonnet decal wrong..? Looks the same as the one on mine..?
By DurtyDisco - 12 Oct 2015

By Kiwimac - 16 Oct 2015

It's raining so I can't go and look, but isn't it a bit too close to the windscreen edge of the bonnet?
By davezrx - 16 Oct 2015

a lot of the 08 bonnet stickers are " all in different postions "

some are real close to the top edge of the bonnet others are more of less central on  the bonnet , ii think its was because they were stickered up in different locations just before the challenge was cancelled

also a lot of the 08 trucks werent even stickered up when the "event "was pulled and have therefore been stickered up after being brought by there !st owners with the correct stickers
the 03/06 event trucks had the stickers  very much close to the front edge of the bonnet and of course they were a lot smaller
By Pip66 - 16 Oct 2015

Land Rover can't get the body panels on straight, let alone a sticker  !!!!!
By Kiwimac - 17 Oct 2015

I'm just having a new rear tailgate hinge (upper) because people climbing the ladder (put there for, you know - climbing..) have bent the existing one on the ladder side.

Good design there...!

On the sticker front, a purist view might be that if the vehicle had no stickers originally (as suggested above) then adding them in fact makes it non-original..!
By DurtyDisco - 21 Oct 2015

My bonnet decal is in the correct position, from the publicity shots taken during the uk & Ireland trials it also had the "in support of Red Cross & Red Crescent" logo running along the bottom edge of the G4 decal.........

This was removed when it went into private hands along with the side chevrons.......due to be replaced over the winter....