G4 Owners Club

What ever happen to......

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic52313.aspx

By Fredmick - 21 Dec 2015

Sat here mulling things over whilst wait for a call. Got to thinking of the air-ambulance (again) the majority of you will know why. Seems the original thread state the club were going to raise funds for it has disappeared so I shall ask again ....
What has happened to this??
I know there was some "special" grey fleeces bein sold to raise money. I convince several members of the D2BC to buy them but this was at Peterborough 2014 so a lot of time has passed and nothing more been said. some of the ones I'm still in contact with have asked a couple of times what has happen to this. 
By marco g4 - 21 Dec 2015

This has been discussed in detail already with you. I don't have the time to repeat what has already been said as nothing has changed.

Mark
By Fredmick - 22 Dec 2015

Nice reply........As I thought Nothing. Be ready for some bad press on public forums As for discussed in detail all I had was a well rehearsed conversation that didn't really have an outcome. Before I go I'll say this IF I MAKE A PROMISE I KEEP TO IT...shame others can't stick to that
By marco g4 - 22 Dec 2015

Who did you have A very well rehearsed conversation with?
We purchased 200 grey fleece jackets that once sold we would rase the £1700 donation that we agreed to.
We have currently sold just over half of the fleeces so have raised just over half of the donation.
The donation should be raised by the middle of next season.
If you feel this approach is not correct, or not as you have been told feel free to send me a private message and I will give you more information regarding the way in which we are raising the funds.
Please bear in mind we are a relatively small club that only has a joining fee. With no annual renewal fees.
Therefore we are not and never have been in a position to give the donation prior to raising the funds to do so.

Mark

G4oc treasurer
By Fredmick - 22 Dec 2015

Can't remember his name TBH...DaveZRX could tell as he was there too. Just over half you say.....funny that I'm told over 80% have been sold and also know that at least one member put some cash in the kitty towards this. And no I won't being PM'ing you (or anyone) as I believe everyone should know that promises have not been kept.
By Radeco - 22 Dec 2015

Please - both of you Have a Merry Christmas and a better New Year.
By Emon - 29 Dec 2015

Hi Fredmick,
I take club publicity seriously. Mark's response is correct in that we are raising funds and our target this time is the Air Ambulance. Previously we have raised funds for the Red Cross and cheque handed over with good publicity. Mark, as treasurer cannot release funds without my authority and at the next meeting in Spring we will discuss the fund raising status.
I would like to know why you are unhappy and how it affects you. If any committee member has made you a personal promise about something, please PM me with details so that I can look into it. Thanks.

By Fredmick - 30 Dec 2015

It affects me because I feel strongly about the cause its being raised for (thought that would be obvious TBH), a very good friend put cash in the kitty towards this and I encouraged members from the D2BC to come across to the G4 stand and buy said Fleece jackets in order to help raise money (a few have since asked me what had happened since then)
The other reason I'm unhappy is who I spoke to at Peterborough said they would be in touch before Xmas but it wouldn't be straight away as you guys were off on a trip somewhere or other. As I said earlier I can't remember his name (I'm useless with names)

Incidentally we in the D2BC had a raffle to raise money for the same cause at the same time as the fleeces went on sale and that raised over a £1000 which was handed over to them with a month of Peterborough show.
By Emon - 30 Dec 2015

Well that is good as we feel strongly about it too, hence for the next donation we chose the air ambulance over any other charity. If you have been set a false expectation to timeline by someone, then that is an issue but only with your expectation, I cannot do anything about it without a name, but I would also share your unhappiness in such a situation.
However, nothing else has changed. A donation will be made - we can all see the commitment in writing here.
By Hillbilly - 30 Dec 2015

This is the season of peace and goodwill to all.

Thanks for your great leadership Emon.
Happy New Year everyone  - Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.   from the valleys of South Wales.

Tony
D3G4 OU08 NCF Fleet No.36

Ex D3G4 BD08 VRX Fleet No.27 - gone but not forgotten.
By Fredmick - 30 Dec 2015

It was Jon Roberts aka Border26 I spoke to at Peterborough. Sorry it took a while...I waited to have it confirmed who I spoke to,as I said earlier I rubbish with names (sorry Jon....but sometimes I struggle to remember what I did 10mins ago)
By Emon - 31 Dec 2015

OK, thanks for your input and perseverance. We will seek to improve our communication and now will take the matter to be sorted internally. At our start of season committee meeting in a few months I will make a note to add the fundraising as a formal agenda item so that the outcome will be in the minutes.
By Fredmick - 31 Mar 2016

Been a while.....any news yet ?
By marco g4 - 31 Mar 2016

We have just had a committee meeting and the donation will be made before the 1st may.

Mark

G4oc treasurer.
By Fredmick - 3 Apr 2016

Thnakyou for the reply. Will you be doing a photoshoot? Could be a good bit of PR for the club.