G4 Owners Club

LANDROVER SHOW IN SCOTLAND IN 2016

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic55536.aspx

By davezrx - 11 Feb 2016

Ive just read an email that a member on another form recieved this morning from Live Promotions asking if he would be interested in a Land Rover show in Edinburgh on the 2nd and 3rd July 2016. Would anyone come to this from south of the border?

SEE ABOVE
By Njpaice - 11 Feb 2016

Mandy and I would rather do that than Billing as a change of scenery, N/M
By Pip66 - 12 Feb 2016

Not for me.
By DavidSally - 12 Feb 2016

Me n Sal would. We'd tag it onto a Scotland holiday killing two bids with one stone 😄
By camelrock - 12 Feb 2016

Might be interested as its not that far from us.. Just checked on live pros website and there's no mension of any shows other than the usual 3
By Emon - 14 Feb 2016

Last year when we spoke to Live, they did mention that they were thinking about Edinburgh for the May show instead of Ripley Castle, but didn't hear any further.
By davezrx - 14 Feb 2016

i know nothing other than the email i had , that why i posted it on here  to see if committee had any emails from live ,
it would be 3 weeks before billing , you not heard anything from live then emon ?
By Emon - 14 Feb 2016

No I haven't directly but Dave Roberts is in contact with Live, will see what Dave (via Mark) has to say.. I saw Kelly with Dave R at Ripley last year to get us better pitch so that we could put on a better stand, which we then did. It was at that meeting she mentioned Scotland, I guess she was gauging interest from various parties.
By yellodisco - 15 Feb 2016

Definitely.....as proposed venue is 15 minutes from us - would make a change from the long trek south for other shows (but we'll still be at Harrogate and Peterborough).
Scottish Land Rover Owners Club also get email from Live and we're discussing response at next committee meeting, obviously supportive.
If it does go ahead, would be great to see reasonably well supported G4 stand and I'm happy to help out with any planning and coordination required.
Cheers, Alan
By marco g4 - 15 Feb 2016

We have not had anything come through from live, when it was brought up briefly last year it was mentioned to be a replacement for the ripley show. It was attempted a few years back by live and then cancelled and the reason was the trade who pay for pitches which covers the cost of having the show, wouldn't travel that far with the fuel costs at the time.

Mark and Dave.
By Pip66 - 16 Feb 2016

Can't say I blame them. As it's got to be worth doing, for any trader.
By adesg4 - 16 Feb 2016

The fuel cost would still apply now even though it has reduced but getting enough attendance will most likely be the biggest issue.
By spannerrash - 6 Apr 2016

Is there going to be a G4 stand at this event? Looking at coming down for it from the Western Isles with the wee G4. I'm sure I read on another thread that someone was offering to bring a bottle of whisky I could bring a bottle of Isle of Harris gin.
By marco g4 - 7 Apr 2016

It's looking unlikely. We need 5 cars for a pitch, all the shows this year organised by live promotions are for 5 cars and the ticket allocation has also been reduced to five cars this year.
Spoke to live about the Scottish show and they are keeping the option open for us if we can get the number required.

Dave

Events officer.
By Pip66 - 7 Apr 2016

To be honest, it's miles to far for me, in a V8  !!!!
By Dan the Man - 7 Apr 2016

I've only had my G4 for 2 weeks and haven't attended a show before, but if spannerrash is offering to bring a bottle of gin - you can count me in.
Havent yet arranged the summer hols so will just work around this weekend.
By Verydisco - 10 Apr 2016

Same weekend as the largest French Land Rover Show (where french G4 members will meet again) so not for me that one unfortunately

Cheers