G4 Owners Club

Rear Ladder - Wanted -2006 G4 FFRR

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic55576.aspx

By Sweaty - 17 Feb 2016

My rear ladder appears to be beyond redemption after serving me faithfully ( along with the rest of her ) . Does anybody know where a new one can be sourced at reasonable cost?

Galvanising and powder coating looking too aggressive for the condition/metal thickness in places and of course the smooth finish .

Any ideas 
By adesg4 - 18 Feb 2016

How far gone is it.
They can be restored even if it means cutting bits out.
Any pics.
Ade
By Sweaty - 19 Feb 2016

Hi dont have piccies as now at the shot blasters to see if it will survive this in preparation for the zinc flame spraying and powder coating.
Meantime I have tracked down the original manufacturer from a contact in Land Rover central but they don't appear to be answering their phone anymore :(
If it fails the shot blast then it may be back to repairing it .

By marco g4 - 19 Feb 2016

I need one also for my latest acquisition as well, been looking for a while, might be worth looking into having it copied at a metalworkers, getting two should reduce the costs compared to having a one off made. 

Mark

By Sweaty - 21 Feb 2016

makes sense . will keep you posted on the post shot blasted condition to see if mine survives
By Sweaty - 27 May 2016

Just got mine back and it's looking good. It was refurbed  and Zinc  flame sprayed then power coated Will post piccies soon when I put correct Stainless bolts back .