G4 Owners Club

membership renewal

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic56935.aspx

By Mark'b - 8 Apr 2016

Can someone explain what is happening with the renewal of membership as i want to join again but have been told i will be notified by email when to do this ????? I'm a member of a few car clubs and this is the first time this sort of thing has happened is this a club for G4 supporters or an invited in club by a select group please let me know and your members. This way of doing things by PM and email seem very strange, as i had posted the question can i renew from the main page but had no answer accept a pm telling me i will get further instructions by Email VERY STRANGE way of becoming a member 
yours Mark Brown 
By marco g4 - 8 Apr 2016

The forms are being updated, along with the page on the website, all the current members will get a request sent to renew, which is the best way as some members do not go on the forum from one month to another. That way all members are informed of the need to renew instead of the few that go on the forum. 

Mark 

G4oc acting Secretary
By Mark'b - 8 Apr 2016

Thanks for the reply when will this form be going out as i will be out of the country for the last 2 weeks of this month and would like to stay a member of the club 
By marco g4 - 8 Apr 2016

Sending the emails out over the next two weeks. Will try and send yours as one of the first ones.

Thanks mark.

G4oc acting secretary.
By Mark'b - 9 Apr 2016

My thinking is if you send the forms out in the next couple of weeks today being the 9th so we can expect the them on the 23rd at the latest this will give the club 7 days to process and return all up to date membership cards (dealings with the club in past experiences i feel this will not be achievable ) Why has this decision been implemented so late and so close to the renewal  date given by the committee 1st may why haven't you given more time to give members to respond so there isn't a laps in there membership why has this been rushed (implemented at the last committee meeting March) 
I for one enjoy the ownership of
1  the land rover mark for which i have owned one since i started driving
2 to own a G4 vehicle (given how rare they are i never thought i would own a real truck)
3 to support and be with like minded people
All i seam to feel at the moment is there are  deep undertones within the club that a select group now want to VET the members to see weather they come up to there expectations (sorry but its how i interpret ate what has been put in various posts ) i do not understand or want to as i am not into politics 
in order to have a club you need members ,A club is run for its members ,without embers there is NO club so please if you want to keep us don't piss us off 
I am sorry if i have spoken out of turn and it jeopardises my renewal 
Mark Brown 

but i think these are questions that need to be answered 

By marco g4 - 9 Apr 2016

Thanks for the response. When I send the emails out all you will need to do is return the email containing your upto date details. Then pay via either PayPal or by bacs payment.
Some members have not updated there details like myself since 2007. In which time my phone number, address and car details have all changed.
It will be run like car tax now is. You pay for a years membership you get full use of the forum, events, shows, trips. Discounted insurance with some company's and discounts at places like nene overland.
Then 11 months later you get a email to inform you that your membership needs renewing.
The latest of the emails will allow a week to renew, but as most active forum members will now be fully aware of the process that is underway, it will not come as a surprise with only a week to deal with it.

Mark acting secretary.
G4oc

By Pip66 - 9 Apr 2016

Mark, this is all very well. But I as I'm sure others. DO NOT have these means to pay so I have sent you a cheque. Which I posted to you last Monday 4th April.
Now you have said your details have changed  !!!!! Can you confirm if you have or have not received my cheque, please.

Regards Phil.

By Fredmick - 9 Apr 2016

Mark'b (4/9/2016)

All i seam to feel at the moment is there are  deep undertones within the club that a select group now want to VET the members to see weather they come up to there expectations (sorry but its how i interpret ate what has been put in various posts ) i do not understand or want to as i am not into politics  

So the committee are going to choose the member?? Surely it should be the members choose the committee?? That's how any club should work. Why the need to vet members...surely one persons money is a good as the next mans/womans....and if they have a G4 motor of any kind then the club need to encourage them to join. Afterall there is only a limit number of G4 motors out there.  Sounds like a case of "if your face don't fit you ain't joining.  I was looking at joining up fully with a view to buy a G4 motor but I guess that may not happen now.

By marco g4 - 9 Apr 2016

Will track it down on Monday and let you know.

Mark.
By Mark'b - 10 Apr 2016

Thank you for explaining how a 12 monthly membership works mark (i had no idea please take this as sarcasm ) and for answering my other questions 
Mark Brown