G4 Owners Club

Scottish Landrover show

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic59225.aspx

By spannerrash - 7 May 2016

Is there anyone going to the Scottish Landrover show? Is there a club stand? I have somehow managed to get annual leave for the weekend and intend to travel down from the western isles a wee ferry trip back to the mainland and will bring a bottle of Isle of Harris gin as I said I would in a previous post
Cheers Rick
By DavidSally - 7 May 2016

There's no club stand there. There was too late notice given coupled with the long distance for most people. I think you will find that Alan (Yellow Disco) is going. Have fun
By camelrock - 7 May 2016

Is this show even happening ? The website's a joke nothing happens when you try to select a page,
By marco g4 - 8 May 2016

Last time a Scottish show was planned it was cancelled with not a lot of notice. I would not be surprised if if was cancelled again.
They did offer the club 5 complementary tickets if we put a full club display on, then increased this offer to 10. At the other shows with same organisers, billing and Peterborough shows they only give 5 tickets and stick to this.

Mark

By camelrock - 8 May 2016

Sounds like it a real mess think there panicking abit, should of stayed at Riply or even moved back to Driffield.......
By marco g4 - 8 May 2016

I agree, moving back to Driffield would of been the prefered option it was always a better show. Live promotions did say last year that Ripley castle show didn't make a profit. So maybe it's understandable binning it off as they are a company.
Think next year it will just be billing and Peterborough shows, the show at gaydon is not what it used to be either it's more of a meet up and look at cars, there's no trade stand element to the weekend. The site is also no longer big enough since they created the new buildings, would be better they binned that one off as well.

Mark
By camelrock - 9 May 2016

To be honest all the shows arn't that good there's nothing there all the traders don't go now as they can do just as well if not better on the Internet without the layout needed to attend at a show.. Personally I think it's the beginning of the end for these shows..
By Hillbilly - 10 May 2016

Hi Spannerrash,
Would love to come just for the Islands 'medicine', but as stated by others, cannot justify the distance and cost.

Hope it works out for you.

Tony

D3G4 BT08 BSO  Fleet No. 36
Ex. D3G4 BD08 VRX  Fleet No. 27  Gone to Glasgow, but not forgotten.