G4 Owners Club

Wanted - bracket/mount for front G4 plaque

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic59244.aspx

By DiscoCY - 10 May 2016

Hi All

I am looking for a bracket to mount my G4 plaque vertically at the front of my rack (it has currently been flattened so that it’s flush against the angled part of the rack to reduce noise/movement). Please see below:

Does anybody know how I could go about getting one of these brackets to restore it, please?

Many thanks

Chris
By G4DiscoDave - 11 May 2016

Mine was missing too and I ended up making my own out of some metal bar and riveting the plaque to it. I was sent the specs and measurements - I'll look for them but maybe a more organised member will get there before me!
By DiscoCY - 11 May 2016

Oh brilliant, thank you. If you can find anything that would be hugely appreciated :) 

Best,

Chris

When it is light I'll take some photos and measurements and post them. Have you got any of the brackets left? Mine had 2 strengthening bars on the sloping section of the rack that I could mount the rest of the bracket to.
By DiscoCY - 11 May 2016

Thank you David.

Not sure actually, I'll go and take a look on the roof after work this evening.

Thanks, 

Chris

Hey Chris...I've attached some photos of the top and bottom parts of the bracket and a diagram with measurements. Landrover used 2mm thick, 20mm wide bar for the brackets. I'm no artist or engineer but I hope they help. The circles on the diagram are rivets.
By DurtyDisco - 11 May 2016

Good work guys!

This is what our community is all about!

Sorry but using the iPad makes it difficult to put the photos the right way around...the bottom photo is upside down 😳
By DiscoCY - 13 May 2016

Thank you Dave, much appreciated! I will see what I can get done :) 

Great resource for the club indeed. 

Thanks again.

Chris