G4 Owners Club

BT52 CNU G4 FFRR Roof rack/G4 Stickers?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic60355.aspx

By Barry Bethell - 20 May 2016

Hi. Currently returning my car back to how it should look. Apart from now having the correct wheels, progress is slow but I thought I'd start at the top and work down. I'm currently looking for a roof rack and part number CAB500070PMA keeps coming up. Is this Landrover/Bearmach OEM item the correct item or is it wildly different to a genuine G4 item? How do I go about buying the correct sticker set, as I'm under the impression I can buy through the G4OC?

Thanks. 
By Pip66 - 20 May 2016

Hello Barry.
The roof rack, I can't help you with I'm afraid. But someone will be along soon who I'm sure can.
As for the stickers..... We are in the process of collating the club's stock and ordering a new batch of the ones we are low of or are missing.
If you can bear with us, we should have them available shortly.

Phil.
By Barry Bethell - 20 May 2016

Excellent. Thanks Phil.
By Border26 - 20 May 2016

Hi Barry

Having only just completed my 03 L322 I know what your going through and will be going through. Its taken 3 years to get the car back to its original state or as close as i can get it at present (I have an 06 roofrack on mine at present but waiting for an 03 to come up at some point but im in no rush).

As phil has said the Decals are in the club, but the rest of the kit is a massive waiting game and my advice would be to just get any of the kit if you see it come up.
The roofracks were made by safety devices as were the fitting kits for them. (They still make to order the fitting kit but not sure on the rack itself).
The spotlights for the rack are Warn SDB-160 and you will need 2 or 3 sets depending on which stage the car was from and if it has a winch or not.
The plaques are currently in the club.
The underbody protection is (I think) the hardest to find. It comes in 3 sections (sump guard (2 options depending weather a winch is fitted)) (Tank Guard) (Exhaust Guard)
The wheels are easy and cheap as most Rangie owners get rid of the stock stuff and stick some big 22's on them, and the tyres were 255/55/19 MTR's although they dont make them any more... I now use the Goodyear Duratrac's which are the Goodyear replacements.

Feel free to give me a shout if you want any advice or have any questions.
Ive put up some pics from a recent event below of the car and also attached at the bottom is the 2003 Spec Sheet for the Rangie.

Jon
http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/121cc0c0-6db7-4e55-8de6-1888.jpghttp://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/529520d2-7294-41ef-afe3-2ea2.jpghttp://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/63c5e272-4296-49ae-83de-2b6a.jpg
By Verydisco - 20 May 2016

^^^^Nice one John - you beat me to it!

For the roof rack, you'll also need a Safety Device period correct sticker, good luck! Alternatively, use a current one (they give them away on shows)  and cut off the 'www.///.com' lower part.

Voilà

You're welcome.

By marco g4 - 20 May 2016

I'm sure it was bearmach selling a couple of racks for the ffrr at billing show last year.
There was a difference to the original racks, I have a feeling it was the spot light brackets that were missing off the racks. If you get some pics from the supplier I'm sure someone on the forum will see if they are the same spec as the originals.

Mark
By stu_007 - 20 May 2016

Might be worth contacting Safety Devices to see if they'll make you one. Think I might have some of those stickers too VeryDisco!
By Ryan - 21 May 2016

I to feel your pain. I have BD52CTV. It was missing everything except the internal window guards...........and it's been painted grey ☹️

It not has, the correct wheels, but wrong colour. Winch, spots - front and rear, snorkel, storage in the back and plaques.

The racks do come up. I got mine from a guy on Defender2. A good forum for general defender ownership. I got mine, stripped, blasted and re coated. A bit of and epic but doable, so don't be put off by one in poor condition.

The spots come up on eBay ever now and then normally with out the loom. BUY THEM. The supplied loom has to be extended any ways so part from some switches and relays your not gaining much. Rear work light can be picked up from shows etc.

Some days I'm gutted I started it, just because you have to be patient. Then you see everyone else's comp,eyed trucks and it all becomes worth it.

Fortunately I have a 'spare' house in Cardiff that I'll be selling this year. Some of the profit will sort the paint work and stickers out!

Good luck...start a build thread to keep us all up dated as and when the little things get done.....with photos of course!!!
By Pip66 - 21 May 2016

marco g4 (5/20/2016)
I'm sure it was bearmach selling a couple of racks for the ffrr at billing show last year.
There was a difference to the original racks, I have a feeling it was the spot light brackets that were missing off the racks. If you get some pics from the supplier I'm sure someone on the forum will see if they are the same spec as the originals.

Mark

You're right Mark, it was Bearmach. They had two for sale. And they weren't correct, but for the money they wanted at that point I'm sure you could have brought them had them altered and still been Quids in !!!
We also have a deal running with Bearmach for Club discount on any of their stuff.
I'll speak to Ant and get the post regarding that to be made sticky.

Regards Phil.
By Barry Bethell - 23 May 2016

Top stuff! Many thanks to all for replies. This is a picture of a genuine Land Rover 'expedition' rack. It has the same part number as the Bearmach rack and is described by them as OEM. This would presumably be for up to 2005 models (no sat nav antenna). Did Bearmach actually make them for Land Rover? Best price I've found (Bearmach) is under £500 (plus VAT) brand new. Can't help feeling that a genuine G4 L322 rack just isn't going to happen, so this might be my only hope.......as for the Warn lights &!$@?*! 
Cheers.
http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/f7131450-72ec-4e71-bcad-f0f6.jpg 
By Border26 - 23 May 2016

This will fit fine on the 02-05 Rangie as the GPS antenna is mounted in the rear boot lid spoiler, BUT..... If memory serves me right and I dont want to be a Tyre Kicker here... The spot light mounts are evenly spaced across the the front of the front of the rack leaving no space to mount a Plaque. You could try and get some spotlight mounts to fix the issue and like wise there will be no work light mount on the rear right.

The Land Rover mounting kit for the rack is also an impossible part to find and at the back end 2014 when I was trying to get a kit I discovered that there was none in the UK, France, Germany, Spain or the US after making far too many call to dealers in these countrys... But after some pestering Safety devices had me a kit made at the cost of about £80 delivered with a 8 week turn around as it came from their factory in the far east.

I would say give Safety Devices a call and see if they can have a Rack made. If they are considering or willing let me know as i might be interested in getting one so that mine is correct.

Jon

By Pip66 - 23 May 2016

Barry, if I were you, I'd hold fire on the rack for a little bit. Billing is not that far away and last year BearMach had a big lorry full of stuff they were getting rid of. 
If I recall Jon and myself got the racks down to a lot less than your price. So MAYBE worth thinking about  !!!!!
Also the best place most of use have found for SB160 lights is Flatdog.. Mention the G4oc, as it may help.

Regards Phil.