G4 Owners Club

23 HRS AND 56 MINUTES !!!!

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic61802.aspx

By davezrx - 19 Jun 2016

anybody watch the best motorace on the plant
LE MANS 24 HRS
all live on eurosport , has the title................ toyota look set to win it , but at 23 hrs and 56 minutes , had engine failure so after all that are going home with nothing

unbeliveable , but to win first you got to finish ,
gutted for them
a lap at LE MANS WAS 3.33 so they were 1 lap short !!!!!!!!
By stu_007 - 19 Jun 2016

Touring Cars... the best kind of motor racing.
By camelrock - 20 Jun 2016

Always pleased to see a Toyota bit the dust, hate those cars !
By Pip66 - 20 Jun 2016

Harsh !!!!
By MrsDurtyDisco - 20 Jun 2016

We support the touring cars too..... We are very lucky having Rockingham so close and on a very rare occasion we received free tickets to attend from my work. We were very happy bunnies as Andi me a mate on site from one of the displays and we had access to the complimentary hot chocolate.... 😍... (especially as it was very cold and winding with bursts of horizontal rain..lol..)
By davezrx - 21 Jun 2016

touring cars stu , no no no
no comparision with world endurance racing , sebring 24 hrs , daytona  24 hrs , le mans 24 hrs
6 hrs endurance racing , at donington , silverstone , + others

touring  cars what are they 30 mins racing not for me , that all about knocking each other off the track , might has well call it banger racing

camel rock thats very harsh for a team thats just put 23 hrs 57 mins into a race , were not talkng road cars here , but 1 million pound prototypes
By Farmer Chalk - 21 Jun 2016

I am in the incredibly fortunate position of working with the Motorbase Performance Touring Car and Blancpain and British GT team....I also live less than 1/2 mile from Brands Hatch....
I'm afraid I'm with the majority here and enjoy the Motorbase Ford Focuses' far more than their Aston Martin GT cars......
With Touring cars, the cars themselves, are not that very different from what Average Joe can go and buy in the showroom and therefore the support is much greater.....the racing is tighter and far more exciting....
Whilst it's not the pinnacle of engineering what Alan Gow has created through his regulations is a series which is both entertaining and allows all teams almost equal footing....
That certainly can't be said for F1 whose race this weekend was just an incredibly boring parade.

British GT has a bit of both and the grids this year have been the biggest ever but again can sometimes become a bit of a procession...for a spectacular race watch the Brands race earlier this season where Phil Dryburgh has an almighty accident writing off the whole car!
To say it was mullered was an understatement however the cage stood up incredibly well to allow Phil to step out unharmed...
https://youtu.be/FJ5lZutPcfA
By davezrx - 21 Jun 2016

farmer chalk , CAN I HAVE YOUR JOB PLEASE

watched u-tube clip .......what a crash .....AND HE WALKED AWAY , THANK GOD ,
By Dan the Man - 21 Jun 2016

That's some crash. The driver Matthew Graham looks about 15 yrs old.
He's a driver with a promising career ahead......