G4 Owners Club

Forum

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic6291.aspx

By willowkis - 12 Dec 2007

Hi Peter,

Has something happened to the forum or is it my computer, the reason for asking is there is a band of orange left hand side doing nothing except making the page look smaller?

Kim :D

By Peter Jarrett - 12 Dec 2007

Hi Kim,

This was becuase at the meeting a lot of people commented that they wanted a bit more branding on the forum, and also an easier way to return to the main website :)

Peter

Peter Jarrett (12/12/2007)
Hi Kim,

This was becuase at the meeting a lot of people commented that they wanted a bit more branding on the forum, and also an easier way to return to the main website :)

Peter

Hi Peter,

Branding is good but, the orange strip at the side seems a bit pointless unless something else could be added along that column; small thumbnails of G4's maybe?  Just an idea to fill the void, or maybe move the logo to the top of the page which will bring the page back over to the left therefore getting rid of the blank space. ;)

Hi kim,

At the top is the club logo as well as a Home button. I'll add more as time allows :)

By DarrenG - 12 Dec 2007

Peter, I tried to remove the Personal Photo image in my Profile but it's still being displayed, any thoughts?

Also, could we consider a rule on signatures?. Some of the images are rather large and some of the other detritus in them is just a waste of page space and bandwidth? Gives me a headache after a while :crazy:

Hi Darren,

I think i've now removed your pic correctly - is that ok now?

It's a fair point about sigs etc - it's something thats been mentioned to me before but i've been hoping it will self police, but perhaps theres too much english reserve in play (apols to those who aren't english btw!).

The other thing that gets commented on is people quoting whole posts - or in some cases, quoting whole posts that already contain quotes of quotes of quotes :)

With that in mind, Kim, would you mind reducing your sig size a little so its not quite so long? I'll keep an eye out for others and flag up as nescessary

Peter Jarrett (12/12/2007)

With that in mind, Kim, would you mind reducing your sig size a little so its not quite so long? I'll keep an eye out for others and flag up as nescessary

Bah... Humbug....... all done....LOL....;)

Thank you :-) Much appreciated!
By DarrenG - 12 Dec 2007

Peter Jarrett wrote:
I think i've now removed your pic correctly - is that ok now?

Cheers Peter that's better :)
By Paul Burt - 12 Dec 2007

Helps me I always ended coming straight into the forum and missing the rest of the site.

regards

Paul