G4 Owners Club

Whats all this "Forum Only" "Club Member" about ?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic6347.aspx

By TJ101 - 17 Dec 2007

As it says,, whats all this "Forum Only"  ,, "Club Member"  etc in the members Group  

Whats the difference ??? Who's playing about ???

By Peter Jarrett - 18 Dec 2007

Hi Tim,

Those who are "Forum Only" haven't joined the club, they have only signed up to the forum, whilst those who are "Club Members" are fully paid up members.

I've emailed all club members and asked them to let me know their Forum names and as the emails come in i'm changing their membership groups over.

So in answer to the question "Who's playing about?" - the answer is "Me" :)

By TJ101 - 18 Dec 2007

Hi Peter

Ok, then

question 1,, If i am only a "Forum Member" how come i have full member access ??

By jeremy - 18 Dec 2007

Peter Jarrett (12/17/2007)

I've emailed all club members and asked them to let me know their Forum names and as the emails come in i'm changing their membership groups over.

Have you?! I must have missed that then!! I'm a paid up member!

By TJ101 - 18 Dec 2007

Peter Jarrett (12/17/2007)
Hi Tim,

mmm, That was going to be Question 2 :w00t:

Ive not see any mail either, ??

So if i am not a paid up member, how do i have full forum access, I thought forum members only have access to the public pages ??

Surely their must be a better system, cause this one, is not working, Think i was the 2nd member to join outside committee members, back in march, and a paid up "club member" since August,ish

By Peter Jarrett - 18 Dec 2007

I've emailed all those who supplied an email address when they sent in their membership details. If you haven't gotten an email its becuase either a) we didn't have your email address, or b) I sent the email and either it didin't get there or got "Spammed" when it did :)

Tim: in your case i've just resent the email as presumably it didin't get there in the first place.

Jeremy - we don't have your email address on the membership records. If you can email/pm me with your email address and membership number or full name then i can add you to the right group

At present the full forum is still visible to all users because when we previously started the process of closing it to members only we got a large number of complaints which caused us to put the project on hold for a few months. At the recent meeting one of the big issues raised was that the forum should be a benefit of being in the club, not open to all.

Therefore the plan is:

1) Email everyone who we have an email address for from the membership records to ask for forum names so we can then change their forum group to "Club Member". This is now done (over a week ago), i'm just waiting another day or so to make sure i get as many replies as possible.

2) Message everyone else saying that if they are a club member to email me with their forum names so i can add them to the right group

3) Close the "club only" sections of the forum, and add messages to the other areas explaining why they can't see the main section and encouraging people to either send me their details if they have already joined, or join up if they haven't.

So there, in a nutshell, is whats going on :D

By TJ101 - 18 Dec 2007

Thanks Peter,, now all Chrystal clear,,

Just got your e-mail, certainly did not see one previously,,!!

expect one in return, in 2 ticks, with my details etc

By JST - 2 Aug 2008

first and last post i expect.

just registered as i wanted to see what this was all about having picked up a D3 G4 yesterday and i cant read anything on here

seems a shame.
By TJ101 - 2 Aug 2008

JST (8/2/2008)
first and last post i expect.

just registered as i wanted to see what this was all about having picked up a D3 G4 yesterday and i cant read anything on here

seems a shame.

James

It was decided (correctly in my option) to only let fully paid members access to all the site, as one of the benefits of club membership 

Can see your point about being a shame though,,  that this decision by committee may exclude some of the more "G4 knolegable " (like yourself :w00t:) Forum members posting useful information, that am sure would benefit all !!

By JST - 2 Aug 2008

Well, not to worry, i understand the reasons why, just wanted to see what it was all about that was all.
By martin bisby - 4 Aug 2008

peter

can we consider locking this thread now

regards

martin

By TJ101 - 4 Aug 2008

Hi Martin

Is their any point in locking it ??

By martin bisby - 4 Aug 2008

tim

only as in its served its purpose, locking just means no new posts on the thread, not about locking down the section

regards

martin