G4 Owners Club

G40C AIR AMBULANCE DONATION IN L.R.O

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic64105.aspx

By davezrx - 8 Aug 2016

this months with the green heritage ninty on the front

page 201
By MrsDurtyDisco - 8 Aug 2016

Pictures look brill.... And all done to a really good cause....
By marco g4 - 9 Aug 2016

Seems such a shame that the new committee behaves like this making out they have handed over a cheque to the air ambulance. When in fact it was given and cashed by the air ambulance prior to them taking their positions on the committee.
Then they comment that the "transition has not been as smooth as it could could of been"
Maybe this is due to their behaviour in matters such as this by not crediting the ones who actually organised the realising of the funds.
When the two committee members pictured handing the pretend cheque over have made absolutely no contribution to raising the funds just goes to show. That unfortunately they do not have to wonder why the previous committee and many club members who have done more for the club than the current one ever will for the club have no respect for them.
Instead of trying to earn brownie points for other people's hard work.
The new committee should of instead of announced the next chosen charity to raise funds for and worked towards that target.
Whilst I was treasurer the committee raised over a £1000 pounds for the Red Cross and also raised and donated the £1700 to the air ambulance. This was done through a lot of hard work especially by Dave Warren who was in charge of selling the fleeces that raised the money.
But then gets no mention or credit for his work is very disappointing indeed.

Mark
By Pip66 - 9 Aug 2016

Mark.... Might I suggest that you grow up and move on  !!!
By DurtyDisco - 9 Aug 2016

I didn't realise it was just "The Committee" that raised funds and carried out fundraising activities.......I thought it was all done as a club!

Rather than post sour grapes that try to denegrate at every turn the actions of the new team, the ex-committee members and "other" members should consider whether they want to remain members of the club if they don't like the way the new team is leading the club.

In relation to the Red Cross donation all that I am aware that you actually did was send the cheque to Mantec:
I organised the equipment quote and the discount with Nick Gibbins at Mantec to equip the 110.
I organised with Alan Edwards and Dave Warren to get the Vehicle to Mantec for the work to be done.
Jon Roberts and I, along with Alan Edwards took the afternoon off work to go to Coventry to do a photoshoot for LRO
I organised the Clubzone article to go in the LRO with Russ Brown
All done under the direction of the committee.....

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing!

I for one am getting very tired of your constant negative comments in relation to the new teams activities and abilities in managing the club. 

My personal view and does not reflect the view of any other current committee member.
By Fredmick - 9 Aug 2016

Maybe if the previous committee had done this sooner they could have "took the glory" but no they failed to keep the membership informed on what was going on then when question asked "why it it was so important" Then when questioned more one certain previous committee member decided it was easier to ban the questioning member (of the forum at the time) off his own back.

TBH...I've looked at few comments on a few topics since joining at Billing and wondered why I joined...but its a minority that seems to want to live in the past and spoil it for others. 

But thats by the by now....its more important to thank those that bought the fleeces or put their hand their pockets to raise this money for (IMO) a very worthy cause. Well done to those involved in putting this photoshoot together and get some great publicity for the club.
Just out of interest are there any plans to raise more for this cause (or any other) in the future?   

Edit :- Can I also add that its not about who instigates,who runs the fund raising or who hands it over  ITS ABOUT THE CHOSEN CHARITY 
Mark maybe you and others have done a lot for the club which is good but a club isn't just about a committee its about the membership (without those and their cars there would be no club) but now a new committee have took over so please give them chance to prove what they can do. Think of it this way go along to show/events and enjoy as a member and let others do the work. 
By marco g4 - 9 Aug 2016

I have left you to get on with the running of the club. But yet again you have shown no respect for the previous committee and the work they did, I have said the work done by members and the previous committee.
All I am saying is stop trying to gain credit for work not done by yourselfs. It's nothing personal. Andi I can see you are doing a lot of work on things and I have greatest respect for this, but all I am saying is the committee could of involved other people in this that were actually involved.

Mark.
By Fredmick - 9 Aug 2016

marco g4 (8/9/2016)
I have left you to get on with the running of the club. But yet again you have shown no respect for the previous committee and the work they did, I have said the work done by members and the previous committee.
All I am saying is stop trying to gain credit for work not done by yourselfs. It's nothing personal. Andi I can see you are doing a lot of work on things and I have greatest respect for this, but all I am saying is the committee could of involved other people in this that were actually involved.

Also pip if you do not have anything positive please do not comment. I am raising a valid point and your comment is not one I would expect from the club chairman.

Mark.

Really? Surely even you can understand that its hard for a number of reasons to book these things in advance...
1. Security...the Air-ambulance is based at a live airport...so numbers have to be restricted 
2. They never fully know if it will actually be there....not many people pre-book the air-ambulance...even on the day of the photoshoot the guys might have got there and it was out helping save someones life.

I can't find anywhere stating the new committee raised the money Although it does say it was raised by the G4OC so to me that means everyone. 
Incidently not even the injured party (you know the guy who actually flew in it....remember him?)  knew about the photoshoot because of the last minute booking. 

By Secretary - 9 Aug 2016

Mark,
No one is denying there was a lot of hard work put in by the previous committee members as far as I can see all references in printed media and on social media reference donation by "The Club" not specific members.

The constant references to the past actions of the former committee by you in particular, your negative comments on just about everything that is posted, and your petulant attitude is making a great many of the members that have contacted me in my capacity as Club Secretary wonder exactly why, if you are so disappointed in the current administration team that you don't simply resign your membership from the club.

By marco g4 - 9 Aug 2016

I am simply giving the committee advise, regarding things that were pointed out to me well in my term of office. Its nothing personal, just a hope that it would make things easer for the committee going forward. 

Mark 
By Secretary - 9 Aug 2016

It's not advice Mark, you are picking fault and trying to belittle the actions and abilities of the new team in everything and anything you can!