G4 Owners Club

Generic membership question....

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic64133.aspx

By Farmer Chalk - 10 Aug 2016

Don't know whether anyone can answer this or whether it has been done ever....but do we have a list of how many current G4 challenge cars there are in existence with the membership of the club....

Has the membership secretary seen or heard of the cars since the events, how many are outstanding and not known to the club...and how many of each are still about...

I'm intrigued of the 66 2008 D3's that were made how many do the club know about or have any correspondence from owners about ? How many have left these shores or gone to car heaven?

Would be interested to hear!
By Farmer Chalk - 10 Aug 2016

And more importantly who has compiled a list of the most they have seen? Not trying to become a Eddie Stobert type spotter but would be interested who has tracked down the most....??

Would be good for the club for historic reasons in the future to keep track of the numbers and which one is the top trumps holy grail spot?
By marco g4 - 10 Aug 2016

The biggest number of cars within the club is the 2008 d3. I remember at easnor castle show back in 2009 there was 25 of the 2008 d3 g4s turn up with new owners/ members as most were sold via dealers over a short period of time it caused a spike in members.
It was quite funny as some dealers had told buyers there was just a hand ful built and then to turn up to 25 plus was a surprise to most of them.
The biggest list of cars and details was compiled by the technical officer Adrian, who was technical officer from 2007/2008 to 2016. So he saw most of the 2008 cars when they first came to events.

Mark
By Farmer Chalk - 11 Aug 2016

Interesting....thanks for your response....would just be interested to almost create a registration page that owners could see....and indeed see if they are known to the club....
Within a small area here in Kent I am aware of a few G4's but would be interested how many are missing?
By cds - 16 Aug 2016

Mine went 'missing' from Kent about 2.5 years ago and now resides in Oldham :-)
By Farmer Chalk - 17 Aug 2016

Yes thank goodness! Now I am the only 'gay' in the village!