G4 Owners Club

Is it a genuine G4?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic64155.aspx

By Gr4eme-2 - 11 Aug 2016

Hi Guys,

I suspect this subject has come up before, if it has I couldn't find it.

I'm trying to find out if this is a genuine G4 vehicle....

Make: FFRR
Reg: BT52 CNV

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Graeme.

By davezrx - 11 Aug 2016

best thing is to pm ...very disco , ( jerome ) hes   the man to know anything about G4 RANGE ROVERS
By Border26 - 11 Aug 2016

Dave, CNV NOT CNE.... But the answer is still a big YES.

I believe it was held after the event and used by Land Rover Experience.
http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/bd1a4825-6ccc-42e5-9e18-e9f9.bmp

I believe that it has lost its winch at present and needs a roofrack floor and rear ladder.
The ladder and floor and an easy ish parts to get hold of, but winch may be a little harder if you want an exact model.
By Gr4eme - 13 Aug 2016

Thanks guys.

Border, how do you know what's missing from this vehicle, do you know it?
Don't know if I'll go to the trouble of re-fitting the winch, might change my mind later.

Graeme.
By Border26 - 13 Aug 2016

Graeme,

This vehical has been purchased by another member and returned to the dealer last christmas.

There is a thread on here and might seem quite daunting to look at... I also have a 2003 Rangie which I have rebuilt over the last 4 years.
Ive not seen the car in person but have seen the pics and had the reports back. the other bit i forgot to mention is that it also needs under body protection putting on but again I might also know a place that has some... ;-)
The ladder can be purchased from a company in america that reproduce the exact copy of a 2003 ladder to the point that you can just poke the filler out and bolt it on.
The floor can be purchased from the original company, (I think Jerome (verydisco) purchased one for his last year).

As this vehical was a team car and used on the Ausie outback stage it should have the winch fitted, there are a few winch trays knocking about on the internet its just getting the original warn winch that will be the issue.

Im sure you know that the 03 Rangies are very thursty on volts... they will take a few days to settle down the systems if its had a flat battery as each ecu sends faults causing the next to have a fault... it will ping up on the dash random faults but 99.9% of the time are just voltage errors causing the fault to read. Bloody electrics bring back the old days.

If you want to have a read of the old thread .....
http://www.g4ownersclub.com/forum/Topic52311.aspx

Jon

By Landiebaz - 13 Aug 2016

Hi Graeme

Have you purchased CNV? Or are you still thinking about it?

Barry
2006 Defender BV55ZBY
2006 FFRR BV55YYX

By Gr4eme - 13 Aug 2016

Thanks Jon, I'll have a look at that thread. Is it still a good vehicle worth buying?

Barry, I've put down the deposit, haven't received the car yet.

when complete and clean it will be quite a bit more in value....

There is some worry from some members that there are a lot of problems with it, some could be simple and others if they are there could be costly...
No one has had the car long enough to do any investigating  properly.. I would recommend a full service and LPG service to start (If you have AA or RAC cover see if they will do you an inspection before you buy the car) and you will probably want to change the tyres soon too as the old MTR's tend to give a bit of a hum when they get worn.

Jon

By Gr4eme - 13 Aug 2016

I have had LPG before and know that it is a nightmare, however this is in the process of being removed and never to be replaced.
The car is being driven 300 miles up to me (when it gets delivered), if it makes that without any breakdowns or warning lights I think it should be ok.
If not I'll be getting my deposit back and then back to searching for a replacement.
By marco g4 - 13 Aug 2016

Good call, get that lpg system in the scrap bin where it belongs. They are nothing but hassle when are they not right, plus it simplifies fault finding if there is any issues engine wise. 

Mark 

on this engine its fine, BMW even sold it out of the factory as an option on this engine and the 1.8 petrol back in the day. was only in germany mind but look how things are changing... they would not sell 3 and 5 series in 4 wheel drive over here and in the last year they are now every where.
By Gr4eme - 14 Aug 2016

BMW along with stating they would only ever release rear wheel drive in their top end cars said that the would never produce a car with a turbo.
About the same time Porsche said they would never produce a diesel.
By davezrx - 14 Aug 2016

remember JAGUAR  saying the same about diesel  engine in there cars
By Secretary - 18 Aug 2016

Gr4eme-2 (8/11/2016)
Hi Guys,

I suspect this subject has come up before, if it has I couldn't find it.

I'm trying to find out if this is a genuine G4 vehicle....

Make: FFRR
Reg: BT52 CNV

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Graeme.

Hi Graeme
Yes, BT52CNV is a genuine Challenge car from the 2003 event. please see below the information contained in the G4 Vehicle Data Base provided to the club by Land Rover.

http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/b381a9ee-9e0f-49e1-bbc5-8dcc.jpg

Hope that helps
By Verydisco - 18 Aug 2016

Hi Gr4em, did you get the beast delived then?

Looking forward to see it here and at the shows/events!

Cheers

By Gr4eme - 18 Aug 2016

And, thanks very much for that info, that's great to have:w00t:

VeryDisco, Hopefully getting it tomorrow, LPG is being removed today.
Fingers and toes crossed It's ok. Will keep you all posted on how I get on with it.

Cheers, Graeme.
By markbrizeG4 - 20 Aug 2016

Im interested to see how you get on with this , Hope your experience with it is better than ours, 
we had it for no more than 24 hours & 1 hour of that it was driving fine after that it spent the rest of its time on the back of a recovery truck "see other post"

Mark
By Gr4eme - 21 Aug 2016

Mark,

Still not picked it up yet, the LPG has been removed and the guy selling it wants to run it for a while to make sure it runs ok before I go all the way to Redditch and pick it up.

We're going down on the train on Thursday, staying overnight and driving the car back on Friday.
If anyone is in the Redditch on Thursday and fancy a beer n pizza, it  would be good to meet up.

Graeme.
By stu_007 - 21 Aug 2016

Good luck with the purchase; another FFRR owner!
By Gr4eme - 21 Aug 2016

Thanks Stu, would have preferred a 2006 or newer, but as you know they are VERY hard to come by.
By marco g4 - 21 Aug 2016

They are probably the hardest of all the G4 cars to get hold of. I waited 5 years to get the 2009 event tdv8 ffrr as there was only ever two diesel ffrr made so really rare. Hopefully won't have to wait another 5 years to get the other one.

Mark
By DurtyDisco - 21 Aug 2016

Are 3 G4 Range Rovers not enough for 1 person..........
By marco g4 - 21 Aug 2016

Can never have too many.

Mark
By Gr4eme - 14 Sep 2016

Update 1, 14/09/2016.........

Had the car back 3 weeks now, it has had a thorough inspection and has had several bushes, brake pipes and oil seals etc replaced.
All in all for it's age in very good condition.

I know you're all wondering about the engine..........

It purrs like a kitten, only problem with it was perished rocker cover seals!?!

I was fully prepared to do some work on it, I know what Range Rovers of this age are like.

Wasn't prepared for this though..........

Can you see what's missing (not the spare wheel)?

http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/cfad412b-1f34-439d-8941-d3aa.jpg

By camelrock - 14 Sep 2016

A bit confused here since there's no compressor there has it been converted to coils ?? Or have you not been able to drive it and it's sat on the bump stops ?
By marco g4 - 14 Sep 2016

Was that where the cooking gas tank was installed.

Mark.
By stu_007 - 15 Sep 2016

No air compressor and needs a clean? No spare wheel ?
By Gr4eme - 15 Sep 2016

OK, that was too easy.

Y'all were correct.

Here's where the compressor was tracked down to......

http://forum.g4ownersclub.com/uploads/images/8e7e8c90-5588-46af-a2de-4a25.jpg

Now on the hunt for a compressor housing :o(