G4 Owners Club

Scotland to Peterborough

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic65419.aspx

By yellodisco - 13 Sep 2016

Hi, anyone on here in Scotland heading down to Peterborough on Friday?
Cheers, Alan
By davezrx - 13 Sep 2016

alan , you anywhere near , dan the man ?
hes just brought a tent off me , needs it taking back to glasgow
By Gr4eme - 13 Sep 2016

Not me Alan,

Thanks to the DVLA still living in the 18th century I need to fill out numerous forms and "POST" them to tax my car because it no longer runs on lpg!

WTF is a cheque?? or a stamp??

Maybe next year.

When are you passing Biggar? Could meet for coffee.
By davezrx - 13 Sep 2016

g , wouldnt it be easy just not to tell the DVLA ?
By Gr4eme - 13 Sep 2016

It would show up on it's next MOT certificate so not sure how that would work with insurance n stuff Dave.
Better to just keep it all above board i think.
By marco g4 - 13 Sep 2016

I had the same thing with a car that was registered as disabled.
Local post office were willing to issue a years tax free of charge as disabled, but unable to change the taxation class on the v5.
Makes no sense when everything else can be done on the Internet.

Mark.
By Fredmick - 13 Sep 2016

marco g4 (9/13/2016)
I had the same thing with a car that was registered as disabled.
Local post office were willing to issue a years tax free of charge as disabled, but unable to change the taxation class on the v5.
Makes no sense when everything else can be done on the Internet.

Mark.

Your local Post office don't know what they are doing then....I just swapped two motors over....one to disabled and the other from disabled to normal was all done in 5-10mins with a couple of forms and a box filled in on the V5. And the V5's were back in 3 weeks 

By marco g4 - 13 Sep 2016

The post office can file the paperwork, but until the dvla change the taxation class on the computer they cannot issue road tax to the new taxation class. Luckily there was a local dvla office in Leeds at the time that could change it on the computer system there and then and issue the road tax at the new rate for the amended class.

Mark
By Fredmick - 13 Sep 2016

Both mine were re-taxed and road legal straight away. I then received the over payment of tax on OWD back the next month. 
Good job really as they closed all our DVLA offices round here 
By yellodisco - 14 Sep 2016

Hmm, seem to have drifted off topic here sightly!
Anyway, in response to comments -
Dave, happy to bring tent back up here and will arrange with Dan to get it to him - I'm thro in Glasgow every 2 weeks or so, or we may both be at a Scottish Land Rover club event.
Graeme - sorry to hear of your woes and delays in getting things sorted out - planning to leave here 10:30ish, but may be going down east coast route if plan to hook up with another SLROC member (not a G4 owner) works - if not, will be coming donw west coast route - will PM you if thats the case
By Gr4eme - 14 Sep 2016

No worries Alan,

That would be too early for me anyway, work does have this horrible tendency of getting in the way!