G4 Owners Club

Members Only

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic6723.aspx

By xtc - 31 Jan 2008

Seems a shame that paid-up members only can access all the forums. There is a lot of knowledge out here about the event from people that have been involved but do not own G4 vehicles so have no need / desire to pay for access.  Are you not shooting yourselves in the foot...  Only a thought!

Cheers, Richard.

By General Lee - 31 Jan 2008

Hi,

G4 club is only following in the foot steps of all other Land Rover Clubs. Maybe we should have a front of house forum for none members to post  topics regarding G4 Challenge.  :unsure:

By Peter Jarrett - 1 Feb 2008

Hi Richard and General Lee,

The Public Discussion forum area is open to all forum users whether they are full club members or not - so yes please feel free to ask/discuss anything you like :D

By xtc - 1 Feb 2008

Hi Peter & GL,

I see your points.. I was comparing with say disco3 which is a forum only site with full access where as the G4 and CT sites are owners clubs.  It just seemed a shame that members requests and wanted's cannot be seen by the outside world who may have the answers!

Good site anyway and hope to meet you all sometime during the year at an event or two...  Roll on G4-2009!

By CBale - 1 Feb 2008

Silver and G4 - you must be an LE!

Cheers

By xtc - 2 Feb 2008

I'm not, but must admit vehicle is!  One careful owner, LRE Eastnor.....        

Cheers, Richard.

By Blippie - 7 Feb 2008

I think it is a difficult balance.  Having reserved sections of the forum means that the knowledge and oppurtunties that are in the restricted site becomes a benefit of membership of the club.

It's certainly difficult but over at CTOC I think we have got the balance about right.

Richard - I still owe you a drink ... I haven't forgotten.

Cheers

Chris

By xtc - 7 Feb 2008

Hi Chris,

Sure we will bump into each over this year sometime! Bob's bash at the latest.. Hope to have a 2009 G4 to bring along!   Cheers, Richard.

By Blippie - 11 Feb 2008

Keep me away from it .. have you seen what I do to LRE and G4 vehicles ...

It's not that there's a problem with getting Land Rovers muddy, it's just that LR usually want 'em returned clean ...

Cheers

Chris