G4 Owners Club

2008/2009 event vehicles

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic67976.aspx

By lieven - 13 Dec 2016

Hello,

I Own a 2008 LHD G4 challenge defender 110.
Just want to check how many that we're made for the event, it has all the stickers (red cross) on it and searched the vin number on topix land rover and it has tangiers orange color from the factory.
If been told only 6 defenders were made?
or did they also produce a G4 edition like they did with the TD5?

thanks a lot

Lieven
By DurtyDisco - 14 Dec 2016

Hi
On the main website landing page there are several documents relating to the various Challenge years 2003, 2006 & 2009

There were indeed only 6 110's built for the 2009 event, 1 was written off in an accident, 4 were used on the Mongolian Recce, & 1 used for the Atlantic Rising Expedition.

If you can provide the VIN number by PM (Not on the open forum) to the Technical Officer he should be able to authenticate your vehicle and give you an indication of where it may have been used, or not.....
Hope that helps.....
By stu_007 - 15 Dec 2016

All recce Defenders were RHD and utility Station Wagons... could be a vehicle that was used for selections in another country?
By lieven - 16 Dec 2016

As im im looking further I also think I have a selection vehicle! because it's a normal station wagon I have with all windows.
how many defenders including selection and other events are totally made for the 2008/9 challenge?
I already e-mailed the technical officer for some original g4 plaques im missing, will send hem shortly my VIN also.

thanks a lot already for the information

Lieven
Belgium