G4 Owners Club

***URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED ***

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic6864.aspx

By willowkis - 12 Feb 2008

Hi Peter,

Attachments are not working when you send something via email, if people haven't selected their nominees yet and try to send via the email system  it will appear to have worked but in fact it hasn't and they have no way of knowing.

Can you please look into this as a matter of urgency.

Thank you

Kim ;)

By TJ101 - 12 Feb 2008

Kim, its not just the attachments that are not working,, took me 1.5 hours to try and post last night,

was saying, i had not written anything

IE

The board administrator has requested that you must provide some message content within your post. You cannot post only HTML, Images, EmotIcons or IFCode.

PS,, but it ok now !!!!

By willowkis - 12 Feb 2008

TJ101 (2/12/2008)
Kim, its not just the attachments that are not working,, took me 1.5 hours to try and post last night,

was saying, i had not written anything

IE

The board administrator has requested that you must provide some message content within your post. You cannot post only HTML, Images, EmotIcons or IFCode.

PS,, but it ok now !!!!

Yes, that error message happens quite a lot and I must admit it gets frustrating especially when you have spent ages typing something!

Lets hope Peter waves his magic wand and fixes it all soon.

Kim ;)

By Peter Jarrett - 12 Feb 2008

Hi All,

I've raised a support ticket with the company that wrote the forum software, but no response yet, and to be honest I don't think they'll rush as the software is out of warranty, but you never know.  I'm not sure but i think the problem is attaching a file with the same filename to multiple recipients - if the filename is unique each time it might work.

To be honest, the best thing to do for now is to use the pm or email system to ask them for their email address then email direct using your normal email software - the forum software isn't really designed for that so I'm not sure why they  added that feature!

Forum posting: This sometimes happens if you copy and paste text - i've found that if you go right to the end of the text and put a space or a full stop that it then sends straight away.

The company claim to have an update coming out shortly though and you never know this might fix both of these

By willowkis - 13 Feb 2008

Hello Peter,

Thank you for responding about the current problems and I agree the best way to email is using your own external emails.

I hope you get a response regarding the software soon, if not, what will be the next step?

Kim ;)

By Peter Jarrett - 13 Feb 2008

Well, one of 3 things really:

1) Ignore it as it hasn't been a huge issue up until now, and in general shouldn't be a big one if people email direct.

2) Pay for an upgraded warranty and see if they will fix it - not sure how much this would cost, or how long it would take though.

3) Look for another piece of forum software - to be honest though on our company servers I can only use this software, so in practice that would mean someone else taking over and hosting elsewhere i'm afraid - would probably be difficult to copy over all of the posts too, so definitely not an ideal situation :)

By willowkis - 15 Feb 2008

Thanks again for responding Peter.

Kim ;)

By Emon - 20 Feb 2008

Hi Peter,

Overall this is a very good club forum. Let's discuss what can be done a bit further. I will PM you my number.

Regards,

By Peter Jarrett - 22 Feb 2008

Hi All,

I've just had word that there is an update that might well fix this - but i'm not going to apply it last thing on a Friday night :D

Hopefully I'll be able to try over the weekend and see what happens.

Cheers,

By willowkis - 22 Feb 2008

Good luck Peter.

I'll keep things crossed for you..... ha ha ha! :D

Peter Jarrett (2/22/2008)
Hi All,

I've just had word that there is an update that might well fix this - but i'm not going to apply it last thing on a Friday night :D

Hopefully I'll be able to try over the weekend and see what happens.

Cheers,

By Peter Jarrett - 24 Feb 2008

Oh well, that didin't work then :(

Just applied the update but it's still not working - bit more digging and there is a brief note that this might not actually be fixed in the update, and instead is waiting for the next major release of the software!

They were saying back in August that this new release is due soon, but no sign of it yet, but then i develop software for a living so i know how easily 1 problem can throw you months off so i'm not going to blame them :)

Hopefully it will come out soon and we can see what happens then.

By Blippie - 3 Jul 2008

Peter Jarrett (2/23/2008)
Oh well, that didin't work then :(

Did you try turning it off and then turning it on again?

Cheers

Blippie

By martin bisby - 3 Jul 2008

blippie

do keep up at the back;) those posts were in feb this year

regards

martin

By Blippie - 4 Jul 2008

I know, but it's the only joke I have ... so I need to use it at every possible oppurtunity!

Cheers

Blippie

By martin bisby - 4 Jul 2008

Blippie (7/4/2008)
I know, but it's the only joke I have ... so I need to use it at every possible oppurtunity!

Cheers

Blippie

i thought you had a freelander??:hehe::w00t:

regards

martin

By Blippie - 16 Jul 2008

Can I borrow your keys for a moment?