G4 Owners Club

D2 REAR SUB FRAME

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic69197.aspx

By davezrx - 21 Feb 2017

just letting folks know , has folks with D2,S it well know that the rear frame fails , mine not that bad , but then again i not really  stuck anything in it to see how rusty it  really is , i know its going , the landys 14 years old anyway
there's a man called IAN on D2BC  thats remade some more he,s in southam warwickshire , so im going over on saturday to have a look , and get a proper look at mine to  see how bad it is , hes offering a drive in / drive out 1 day fitting for £600 ,  which after many comments and searching around seems very good price 

ill post after visit and let you all know 
By Fredmick - 21 Feb 2017

Not looked yet but it wants to be one that joins IN FRONT of the axle as they go on the spring hangers (or what ever they're called) otherwise just doin the back will be waste of time. 

By mole - 22 Feb 2017

Mine is in the garage at the moment for attention to 1 - unexplained water loss. Goes for months OK and then decides to dump a couple of litres of coolant out in a rush for no apparent reason. 2 - freeing the transfer box high/low and diff-lock lever as it doesn't seem to have been used very much and 3 - fitting a new ACE block filter, in the hope of curing an intermittent fault that puts on either a yellow or red warning light (goes out once car has been turned off and then restarted).
While talking about the state of D2 chassis, the owner had a look at mine and he said he has seen a lot worse! He continued by saying that you can now get either a rear-half chassis or a full new one. Depending on the outcome of resolving the above issues I might look into a chassis upgrade.   
By stu_007 - 22 Feb 2017

Too far gone for waxoyling?
By macg4 - 22 Feb 2017

Hi Mole

Just had mine in for similar issuses, it was Vally gasket around the center on one side , fluid and filter change on the ace and a hub, abs sensor
Hope you get it sorted
Andy
By mole - 23 Feb 2017

Hi Andy and Stu,
Stu - It has been well Waxoiled since Adrian bought it. He also had the front wings off and replaced the raised air intake pipe as it had rotted.
Andy - Thanks for the info about the gasket. I will let the garage know and it might give them a pointer.
Usually with cars if they are not behaving themselves they are moved on rather quickly, however, the D2 is such a great car to drive that I cannot bear the thought of parting with it. I will persevere and hope to get these niggles sorted - hopefully before the trip to Ireland in July/August!!
By davezrx - 13 Mar 2017

No automatic alt text available.
WAS WAXOILED , but remember now 14 years old , nothing lasts forever , see my facebook page for more pics , 
done by REPLACEMENT CHASSIS PARTS UK .... £600 drive in / drive out , or £235 if you buy chassis , they make them on site , d1 , d2 , 90 ,110 
very very happy with job , would recommend them 100% , took truck saturday morning fetched it back monday afternoon ,
ian did say he,s never seen one so clean :D:D

,,,,,,not seen pips yet :w00t: No automatic alt text available.

......Image may contain: car

By Pip66 - 15 Mar 2017

Nice one Dave !!