G4 Owners Club

CB aerial mount

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic69506.aspx

By Scotch Ian - 10 Apr 2017

Ok so the previous owner has left the coax for a CB Ariel at the nearside rear of my Disco 3's rack, I'm just wondering if theres a specific mount to install an Ariel there or am I gona have to make something?

Ian
By DurtyDisco - 11 Apr 2017

Hi Ian

You can buy a CB aerial mount for the roof rack from Ray (Uncle Ray/RLD) on the Disco3 forum.

Dave Morris just got one within a few days.

By Scotch Ian - 11 Apr 2017

Cheers, will go hunt him down
By DurtyDisco - 11 Apr 2017

Just as a quick thought, the coax may be coiled on the rack at the back, check inside the lower glove box (or coiled behind it) in the passenger footwell and you may find the other end, and the power supply...

The same 50ohm coax that was used for the HF radio fitted for the challenge can also be used for CB.

Only thing you have to watch out for is that it's not cut just by the windscreen trim on the nearside as they routed the radio coax out of the bulkhead from the glovebox up the windscreen trim and up inside the roofrack rail to the back of the roofrack.....
By G4DiscoDave - 11 Apr 2017

It's a great mount but Uncle Ray made me one because he didn't have any left. Not sure whether he just made me a one off or made a few. Great guy though ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Ž
By Scotch Ian - 12 Apr 2017

Coax and 12volt supply runs into my top glove box. Have PM'd uncle ray but still await a response. That's presuming I picked the right guy ๐Ÿค” RLD??
By DurtyDisco - 12 Apr 2017

Yep that is the right guy Ian.
By camelrock - 12 Apr 2017

Looking on the D3 forum I believe he's away in Scotland at the moment