G4 Owners Club

Committee allegations made to a club member

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic69530.aspx

By marco g4 - 11 Apr 2017

Membership

Find attached a list a allegations that have been put to me by the committee I have posted the replies to the forum so we can all see, as the committee wanted this keeping under wraps, as the allegations are ridiculous and no actual facts have been stated, all this possibly statements are of no point to anyone.
  The date stated of 20th May for a hearing has been decided by the committee as they are aware that most of the members are away at a camping weekend.

The alrc have also been sent a copy of this as they are keen to get involved. 
Allegation 1
   When opened the club bank account, it was stated by the bank that they do not like to open, non for profit club accounts as they are having issues, as they are used for money laundering, therefore it was only opened for the club as I banked with the hsbc. Therefore there was a link on the computer at the banking linking the account to me. I was advised by the local Ossett branch of the hsbc that to remove any liability coming back to me by actions of the new committee they should open a new account. How was this a delaying tactic when the balance of funds (by cheque) along with the final bank statement were given to the new treasurer at the agm. Therefore if a new account was opened which according to the records of your meeting has been done and the cheque simply deposited into this account was done no time would have been wasted.

Allegation 2
  The club had online banking several years back when the account was set up but was never used as the login details failed. Therefore as it was never worked it was a correct statement that the club does not have internet banking facilities set up, this can be confirmed by the hsbc bank that nobody ever accessed the online banking.

Allegation 3
  When I received the letter from the hsbc bank to confirm following a telephone conversation that I had tried to change the details of the club account, I obviously informed the bank that I had not been on the phone changing these details and at the time was unaware that, the new club secretary had impersonated me on the phone to the hsbc bank to try and gain access to the old account. For security reasons they would not release details of who was trying to access the old club account. The new committee never informed me of them trying to gain access to the old club account at any point.

Allegation 4
  Andy MCgure requested the copies of the accounts from the previous years agm’s from when I was treasurer a week after the agm in May 2016, I sent all the accounts from my time as treasurer within a couple of days. Then 6 months later he requested the files with the scanned copies of the invoices, which was a month after the hard drive failed on my computer, I have sent a copy of the invoice for the replacement hard drive to the clubs auditors also. Then another 6 months passed and he requests the old hard drive which I obviously do not have as it was faulty and of no use. If this request would have been made following the agm I could of sent them, but unfortunately it was 6 month later when he finally asked.

Allegation 5
 Makes no sense to anyone as the accounts have been checked at every agm by the committee and the membership and posted on the forum. Instead of trying to find fault in when the club was doing well in the hands of a different team they should be looking at why the club finances have gone so wrong since they took over the running of the club.

Allegation 6
   The single signature of myself or Emon was agreed by the committee many years back in 2010 as Emon was working in America and the club was without a secretary. This was also agreed Alan Edwards and no issues were raised, why its an issue now makes no sense.

Allegation 7/8
  The funds from the shows as many members and the committee were aware the club had a tuk tuk that was to be refurbished and a trailer to transport it purchased, ready for the 2016 show season, therefore the cash from the shows was to be used for this as anyone selling a trailer on ebay would not want to take a cheque they would want cash and the chap at the body shop wanted cash payment for the work that was planned.
This was not to slow the donation of the money to the air ambulance as the club purchased the grey fleeces to raise the money once sold, and at the time only half had been sold, so only half the funds had been raised. The donation was made to tidy the accounts and agreements made by the previous committee. It was donated in march 2016, the press release of the new committee handing a cheque over following the agm was a made up event to gain pr for them selves for something that someone else had already done.

Allegation 9
  Clarification is required as I have no idea who banned this member there was 3 or 4 admins on the facebook page and the forum so it could have been anyone.

Allegation 10
   This has no bearing on anything as the car was purchased from the dealer and not from Craig Benstead, everyone was aware of the car been for sale at the time as another member was in discussions prior to me purchasing the vehicle.

Allegation 11
 The decals were designed by the old Technical officer Adrian who paid for these to be designed, and the copyright for the designs belongs to his company. The club were offered the option to purchase these designs but they refused. I purchased a set with agreement of Adrian who designed these stickers. This has nothing to do with the club and the stickers have Adrians company registered on the artwork.

Allegation 12
  The stickers are not the property of the club see allegation 11 above they belong to the previous Technical officer, so has noting to do with the club.

Allegation 13
As above allegation 12.

Allegation 14
  The tent poles were unaccounted for and my requests as a committee member to the location was justified, this was needed as Andy mcgure did say at the time that if the tents in his possession were not collected within two weeks they would be disposed of.

Prior to myself taking the position of treasurer, back in 2009 a merchandising officer sold £1200 of club assets and gave a list of what he had sold and for how much and that he had spent the funds the club never recovered these funds, then about the same time as the tent poles been missing a brand new Khyam tent went missing from the trailer at a show, so as the members can understand that for someone as passionate as me about the club going forward, that with these items all going missing they needed to be accounted for.

Allegation 15
  The complaints were made by other traders at the land rover shows who were paying for pitches and also selling land rover clothing. The decision was made by the committee to scale back the shop at shows for this reason and also as some committee members like Dave Warren ended up spending all weekend at every show running the shop. Other committee members were aware of these complaints.

By Secretary - 11 Apr 2017

Dear Members.
There is no "keeping things under wraps" with the current Admin team. The thread for the AGM and the Grievance issued against Mr Roberts was due to be published on Friday, so thank you for allowing the team to publish this a few days early.
The allegations that Mr Roberts is trying to refute with his "explanations" can all be verified by members viewing the evidence who will no doubt wish to attend the grievance hearing to be held before the AGM on the 20th May 2017 at Jacks Hill Cafe between 1200-1330hrs.
The date was chosen so it conforms to the clubs Articles of Association to hold the AGM in May, and also to ensure it misses the Classic Landrover Show at Gaydon over the 6th & 7th May weekend which the club is attending and the later May bank holiday at the end of the month. 
We welcome the ALRC's involvement and look forward to their participation in the grievance proceedings on the 20th May should they wish to send a representative.
By Mark'b - 11 Apr 2017

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't see that coming :Whistling:
By Fredmick - 11 Apr 2017

This really is start to get boring now. Starting to wonder why I bothered joining TBH 
There seems to be just one that likes to stir things up and drag the whole club down so.....Marco G4 if you really don't like the club that much why not just leave and let everyone else enjoy it for what it is..... A bunch of like minded Orange Landrover fans 
By marco g4 - 11 Apr 2017

Sorry I think you will find this is the committee causing more negativity with the alrc and within the Land Rover community.
I am merely responding to the committees latest attempt to destroy the clubs image which they have attempted to keep under wraps by requesting I reply to them by post, eventually they might realise when there's nobody interested in being part of the club as all they get is politics.

Marco.
By Fredmick - 11 Apr 2017

The only one that keeps bringing politics up on the forum is you. Be nice if you actually had some evidence of the new committee trying to destroy the club. You may think that but others see it as trying to get the club back into some sort of order. If they had intend to destroy the club then why put themselves forward for what all too often can be a thankless task.