G4 Owners Club

Spare wheel bracket for the roof

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic69734.aspx

By Eamonn - 9 May 2017

Am looking to see if there is a specific bracket to attach a spare wheel to the roof of my defender. I have seen wheels on the roofs of others but no idea how they are secured.

Any ideas please?
By Pip66 - 9 May 2017

Barry had some brackets made up for the FFRR's, which work a treat.
All I do with mine is us a ratchet strap. And maybe some kind of means of locking it if there's a chance of it getting stolen.

By DurtyDisco - 9 May 2017

As Phil said have a word with Barry (LandieBaz) or Stuart (Stu_007) as I think they had some made for the Defender and FFRR 
By G4DiscoPaul - 29 Jul 2017

Hi Eamo,

Don't know if you have made any progress with the wheel retainer for your defender, but this is what was fitted to mine:

There would also be a small disc below the nut to hold the wheel securely and you can attach a padlock to prevent theft (or make it not as easy). Barry (Landiebaz) had some of the complete brackets with discs made in stainless steel that are very neat and well made (I have the original and the stainless steal). I don't know how your rack is configured, but you should have the holes that go through the board and the bolts should thread directly into the rack frame beneath.