G4 Owners Club

After Landrover discovery 2 g4 2003

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic73343.aspx

By Chrisrigwork - 12 Sep 2017

After a land rover discovery 2 g4 or something similar to this 1 was in manchster now been sold on
By Border26 - 12 Sep 2017

One like this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709089113838

Jon
By Chrisrigwork - 12 Sep 2017

Yer Jon a bit like that mate but dont know about u i think they have overpriced that beauty by a bit

Regards
Chris
By Border26 - 13 Sep 2017

This is a genuine event truck, the one you have pictured is an edition with the TD5 engine. They were plain orange with with edition decals on the front wings, the one in the pics is a modified version.
The auto trader listing will sell give or take £1000 as they dont come up for sale very often. 
The editions in black, silver, and yellow go btween £4000 and £6000 and the orange ones are 1 to 2k more.

Interestingly having just looked up the D2 for sale BT52OWF it was a 2003 stage 3 Australia vehicle used for logistics fleet number 145. It was sold without a warranty by land rover in September 2005.
Dont often see LR sell a car without a warranty. 
By Chrisrigwork - 13 Sep 2017

Thanks Jon really appreciate the advice/tip do you know who has that td5 edition 1 think reg is cf53omm herd it went to Edinburgh
By Border26 - 13 Sep 2017

No idea on that one,  im not sure its in the club. If it is, the owner does not come on the forum very much.
By martin bisby - 13 Sep 2017

BT52 OWF, was my beloved Garfield, it is a genuine D2 G4 event car and not the 3.9 GS they have it listed at.
looking at the pictures they seem to have mislaid the battery cover and swapped out the red top for a standard battery, refurbed the wheels and sprayed the front bumper including the winch rope and fairlead.
I have the two spot lamps from the winch, and a roof rack board that were getting refitted before I sold it, the spots, 2" receiver block and 2" receiver tow bar (LR) will be at peterbro this weekend as will a couple of rear end caps.
2003 kyham tent for sale too.
good luck on your quest to find a vehicle
By martin bisby - 13 Sep 2017

It was in the club, one of the first to be the club, and no I don't get in here very much, but the listing is highly amusing for its inaccuracies, price wise its somewhere near where I wanted to be for public sale, and I would have accepted 9K from a club member

regards
martin 
By Chrisrigwork - 13 Sep 2017

Thanks very much martin im going up to see it

Kind regards
Chris
By mikewF1 - 25 Nov 2017

Hi, I am interested in the above disco that is for sale. 
Youve all said that they have advertised it as the wrong engine, What engine is it please? And when you previously owned it what sort of mpg were you getting from it?

Thanks Mike