G4 Owners Club

Goodwood Festival of Speed

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic75990.aspx

By Fredmick - 8 Feb 2018

Was talking with a mate yesterday, about Goodwood festival of speed. Something I've fancied doing for a good few years. Couple of things came to mind :- 
!. Does anyone from here go 
2. Does Land Rover do anything there....seem to recall seeing pics of the spaceframe course there but might be wrong ... or is maybe its just a local dealer thing? 

Just curious as I might go this year. And with it bein 70yrs of LR I just wonder if they might do something special this year. 
By Pip66 - 9 Feb 2018

Oooo one thing I'd always fancied going to, but never got around to. I know plenty who have and say it's amazing !!!!

By Secretary - 9 Feb 2018

JLR have been in contact and we are working with them to find out their requirements.

It's not likely to be a large club event and more along the lines of a single piece static display within their stand.

We will keep the membership informed when we finalise their requirements.
By Kevin Heslop - 15 Feb 2018

Sounds interesting!
Kevin
By mole - 15 Feb 2018

Always had a good time at Goodwood. Plenty to see and do. Land Rover have always put on a good display. Tickets not cheap but hopefully we can get a discount through the Club.
By Pip66 - 17 Feb 2018

I find it strange they should just want one.
As surely they have their own cars if they just wanted one  !!!!
By Fredmick - 17 Feb 2018

Pip66 (2/17/2018)
I find it strange they should just want one.
As surely they have their own cars if they just wanted one  !!!!

Possibly...but then its probably easier to let us take one rather than transport one from Gaydon. 

By DurtyDisco - 18 Feb 2018

Whilst the requirements are still being determined, it may be that we as club members actually have more of the bits and bobs to go along with the vehicles like bikes, kayaks, tents, sleeping bags and other ancillaries to make up a display that JLR no longer have access to easily.....

We’re still not certain what their plans are yet, but as said earlier we’ll communicate to the club membership what’s needed when we know.

Hope that makes sense and helps keep people informed.
By Events - 16 Mar 2018

Morning all,

Having spoken with LR obout the event, I cant give to much away about the event on a public post.
The requirement is for a 2006 vehicle which rules out anything in Gaydon if you think about what they have.
We have selected a 110 to use in line up and and the owner of the vehicle has been contacted and we are working the logistics of the event.

For anyone who has been to the Goodwood event before will know its not a club showing event and more of a manufacturing and motorsports display event. You will find clubs there but mainly in the camping fields. I have asked the questions that you are all asking and will wait and see the answers that come back.

Jon