G4 Owners Club

Help roof rack light bar

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76238.aspx

By Chrisrigwork - 24 Apr 2018

Hi everyone i need help i have fitted saftey devices roof rack with the flooring and led curved light bar to my discovery 2 and its creating a hell of a wind noise when i go over 30mph as anyone else have had this problem if so can anyone help

By Fredmick - 24 Apr 2018

Can't say mine makes a massive difference BUT...the ones on most event cars are Lowline racks (I notice yours is a Highline) this will make a difference. Also they have 4 spot lights and the plaque so helps block the wind from going under the rack. I have heard of others fitting just the lightbar and they report that they make hell of a racket.....maybe its the lightbar making things worse...only real way to find out is remove the lightbar and go for a spin. One lad made some sort of wind deflectors to eliminate it. You can find him and his vehicle thread on the d2bc http://www.thed2boysclub.co.uk/ . if want to take a look. 

Thanks mate i have just signed up i will try and find him once they accept my account sign up. I do think the noise is coming from the fins at the back the led light bar and not the roof rack however i didnt know they did 2 tyes of roof rack for the d2 i thought there was only 1 type i know when u buy it there ask weather u want the flooring or not

Kind regards
Chris
By Fredmick - 24 Apr 2018

Chrisrigwork - 24 Apr 2018
Thanks mate i have just signed up i will try and find him once they accept my account sign up. I do think the noise is coming from the fins at the back the led light bar and not the roof rack however i didnt know they did 2 tyes of roof rack for the d2 i thought there was only 1 type i know when u buy it there ask weather u want the flooring or notKind regardsChris

I'll do it now for you....SteveO is the guy to look for. Say Hi in the introduce yourself and I post a link to his thread.

Hi they accepted me but not to sure how to message on the website its not the easiest website to use i must say is he on facebook or anything

Chris
By Pip66 - 25 Apr 2018

The D2bc forum is very easy to find your way around compared to most.
Best bet is just to put a post on asking the question. You'll receive replies very quickly and go from there.. But as Mick has said chances are the noise is from the light bar. When I put my rack on there was a little noise. Then once fitted with lights plaque etc it quietened down. The tyres make more noise than the rack does. 

Phil.