G4 Owners Club

Borrego Yellow D2

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76276.aspx

By Lostpinky - 5 May 2018

Hello everyone I have an 04 G4 D2. My understanding is there were 62 competition vehicles and 200 vehicles made available to the public? Does anyone know how many borrego yellow vehicles were made? I have only seen a couple photos of yellow ones, most seem to be Tangers Orange. Thanks!
By DurtyDisco - 8 May 2018

All of the vehicles used on the actual challenge were Tangiers Orange.

The Borrego Yellow vehicles were called Linited Editions created to promote the Challenge in 2003.

We believe around 200 were made of each colour:
Zambezi Silver
Borrego Yellow
Tangiers Orange
Java Black

These models were D2 (with a TD5) Defender 90 and 110 with TD5 and a few Freelanders which were called Kalahari’s.

Hope that helps.
By yellodisco - 15 May 2018

a Borrego Yellow D2 was my first foray into G4 ownership (hence the username) - was a great car and was sad to see it go, but was replaced with something even better!
Your reg.no. doesn't finish with HVU does it?​
By Lostpinky - 15 May 2018

yellodisco - 15 May 2018
a Borrego Yellow D2 was my first foray into G4 ownership (hence the username) - was a great car and was sad to see it go, but was replaced with something even better!
Your reg.no. doesn't finish with HVU does it?​

By Lostpinky - 15 May 2018

Ok, I am not sure what I just did.

Yellowdisco, my VIN ends with numbers. I had two dealerships run the VIN and both said it was a G4. When I bought it I had no idea, in fact, I did not like the nylon feel of the interior.