G4 Owners Club

My beloved D3 for sale - BG08VFK

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76519.aspx

By Emon - 24 Aug 2018

I have a secret G4 project under way, so no way finishing with the club before any conclusions are drawn. However I will need to sell BG08VFK to a good home. Here are the details, if seriously interested please contact me on 07469 843662 emon645@gmail.com

Genuine G4 Challenge 2008 Land Rover Discovery 3 HSE
Summary:
    49,800 miles only – possibly the best kept, lowest mileage G4 D3 on the planet, always stored in sealed garage; paintwork immaculate; well known in the Land Rover club circuit.
    Priced realistically at £26,500 to reflect condition, rarity, originality, G4 specification, and additional G4 kit.
    Ex G4 Owners Club chairman’s vehicle from 6000miles to present.
    Ideal for a collector or club member (http://www.g4ownersclub.com) looking to cherish and protect the vehicle as it has been for the past 10 years.
Paperwork & maintenance:
    VID showing 2 previous owners.
o    LR Event 28/04/2008 – 16/5/2009, used for Belgian trials and medic car
o    Nicholas Radford 16/5/2009 – 11/07/2011, used for 1 skiing trip to the Alps
o    By me 11/07/2011 – present, used for club stand displays, events and family holidays only
    MOT on 22/06/2019, no advisories
    Main service at Duckworth of Market Rasen. Interim oil and filter service every 6000 miles by me or local garage.
    Timing and ancillary belts changed within 3000 miles by Duckworth, during which oil pump upgraded to D4 spec as recommended by experts at a cost of £1400, engine in excellent condition.
    All oils changed within the past 5000 miles, professional gearbox flush, transfer box, front and rear diff with genuine Land Rover specification oils
    Two sets of original keys, all manuals, G4 event photographs
    Various receipts and records available.
Detail:
    Immaculate condition inside and out, original paintwork and genuine club decals, a collectors vehicle.
    Used minimally by Land Rover for G4 Belgian trials on the beach in 2008 (photos available). 1 of 35 selection vehicles used by Land Rover.
    One of the most sought after G4 vehicles, completely original and full specification with roof-rack, lights, snorkel, winch, under body protection and full set of decals to original club specification, everything original as it should be, factory fitted, no after-market restoration.
    These vehicles are very rare. Full details and spec https://www.g4ownersclub.com/about-the-vehicles-2009-challenge
    Whole vehicle professionally wrapped in 3M Venture shield protection at £2000 (stone chip proof, optically clear, extremely tough urethane film) to protect paintwork for many years to come.
    Land Rover Show winner with certificate, well known throughout the Land Rover club circuit, LRO magazine front cover appearance.
    Comes with very rare G4 original event kit consisting of G4 kayak, G4 bike, G4 khyam tent, G4 sleeping bag.
    Genuine event 19” alloy wheels and MTR tyres (hard to source now) with average 8-10mm thread.
    Seats as new due to use with seat covers only.
    Professional BAS remap for greater fuel economy and increased power to appx 220bhp. No usual D3 turbo lag.
    Dual battery system with second AGM battery and secondary isolated electrical circuit for all internal equipment.
    Rear rack and guard configuration as original by G4 event.
    Original winch reconditioned to new by Arbil.
    IID tool/computer tied to VIN for diagnostics included.
    Additional instruments for temperature, tyre pressure, CB, dashcam (as shown on photos), awning, will be taken out prior to sale.

By Emon - 5 Sep 2018

Now sold.
By Dan the Man - 5 Sep 2018

Good for you Emon,
See it has suddenly reappeared at a dealer for £32k.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-08-LAND-ROVER-DISCOVERY-3-2-7-TDV6-HSE-GENUINE-G4-CHALLENGE-STUNNING/153168222575?hash=item23a989996f:g:d10AAOSwMHtbkB03

I’m planning to list mine shortly, but it’s very difficult to work out what they’re worth.

Dan.
By Emon - 6 Sep 2018

Haha, that was quick! He only collected it yesterday.
My advice to anyone selling their G4 would be to bring the vehicle back to original as close as you can, scrutinising everything. I removed all the gizmos I had and errand stickers etc.
There seems to be 3 types of buyers for these vehicles :
1. They like the look of it and want to have an off-roader for off-roading - they will ruin the car don't want to pay much either.
2. T
hey are into Land Rovers and appreciate the G4 as royalty of the LR world, typically in the club circuit - not many of them around that can afford the real price.
3. The collector who wants the best and not necessarily into LRs - they will have the money, will resell but want to have originality.
By WTL - 15 Oct 2018

Hi Emon

Did you have the genuine event bike and if so can you forward any pictures of it as we are rebuilding what we believe is a genuine G4 event bike back to original spec

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

WTL
By Emon - 26 Oct 2018

WTL - 15 Oct 2018
Hi EmonDid you have the genuine event bike and if so can you forward any pictures of it as we are rebuilding what we believe is a genuine G4 event bike back to original specAny help or advice is greatly appreciatedWTL

Sorry, I have been abroad for the past two weeks, I still have an original event bike in VGC, will take detailed pictures at the weekend.and post here.
By WTL - 26 Oct 2018

Can you confirm what the specification is as well please

We think they had Rockshox Pike Suspension but were they U Turn 426 or something else - we think blue in colour
Were the gears rapid fire SRAM X7 and black in colour or silver
​Are the brakes hydraulic Avid Juicy and if so what model or something else?

Thanks in advance
​​​​
​​  ​​
By Emon - 28 Oct 2018

I have the response here 
https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76625.aspx