G4 Owners Club

G4 LANDROVER WANTED

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76640.aspx

By rpreston1965 - 6 Nov 2018

I am new to the forum and looking to buy a G4 landrover.  I have no preference as to which model although my budget (up to £13k max) probably puts me in the D2 bracket.  I have seen the following for sale and wonder if anyone can give me any feedback about these G4s.

BT52 CLN (D2) @ 85k miles
BT52 OWF (D2) @ 140k miles
BT52 OVH (110) @ 190K miles

Any feedback good and bad about the cars condition and price point would be helpful. Also, if anyone has a G4 for sale in my budget please let me know.

Kind regards

Rob 

By Pip66 - 6 Nov 2018

Do you have any links or pictures ???
By rpreston1965 - 7 Nov 2018

Pip66 - 6 Nov 2018
Do you have any links or pictures ???

Hi

I'm not very IT savvy I'm afraid so no links! Cars are on ebay and autotrader.  I understand BT52 OWF is Martin Bisby's (former Chairman of G4OC) old car, I have PM'd him and awaiting a reply.  The 110 looks a little tired in the pics on Autorader. I was hoping previous owners might recognise the other registrations of the cars to give me some previous history. All and any comments would be helpful plus any information on other cars in my budget that may be for sale / coming up for sale.  Also does anyone know if the club has a stand at the NEC next weekend?

Regards
Robert

By craffman891 - 18 Nov 2018

rpreston1965 - 6 Nov 2018
I am new to the forum and looking to buy a G4 landrover.  I have no preference as to which model although my budget (up to £13k max) probably puts me in the D2 bracket.  I have seen the following for sale and wonder if anyone can give me any feedback about these G4s.

BT52 CLN (D2) @ 85k miles
BT52 OWF (D2) @ 140k miles
BT52 OVH (110) @ 190K miles

Any feedback good and bad about the cars condition and price point would be helpful. Also, if anyone has a G4 for sale in my budget please let me know.

Kind regards

Rob 

Dear Rob,

I own BT52CLN and I am selling it through a friends classic car garage, as I don't really want people coming to my house. Please PM me and I am more than happy to take you through the car and all the work done. Of significant note is that it has a brand new engine. It split a cylinder, so I had the engine rebuilt by CAS Engineering of Northallerton, like everything else with the vehicle no expense was spared, £9500, top hat liner bloc, new pistons etc - all in a details in a 6inch thick file. The new engine has done about a thousand miles, and the car only has 85 on from new. The car has been meticulously maintained​ by Peter Marsh Land Rover, serviced annually etc. Only reason for sale is that I have been seriously ill and the car G$ was just sitting there not being used. The likelihood of me using it much in the near future are slim and that is not good for these vehicles - they need to be used.

If you want to talk more or arrange a look, PM me and we can get a phone chat set up,

Matt​​​​​​