andyhirst - 7 Nov 2018
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709089113838
This has been for sale for over 12 months
anyone know why? and have any info on it
i'm going to look at it on friday
Think they have just reduced it from £9.5k
Thanks
Andy

because they have advertised it all wrong, anyone trawling the net will see limited edition and 3,9 engine, totally wrong totally misleading, its a genuine G4 that the Australian team had, its the 4.0l Thor engine.
phew rant over,
seriously it was mine for 12 + years, its had an engine rebuild, and serviced as, its lost the original warn winch as it went furbar whilst being used, the roof rack floor is still in my possession, well the new replacement is, the original went and disintegrated, I still have the two winch mounted warn spot lights and a warn receiver billet plus a genuine LR tow bar to fit the receiver all for sale .
the garage has painted what appears to be raptor style paint over the RAI and then stuck the top back on completely arse about face. they appear to have over sprayed the winch rope too. the Optima red top battery doesn't appear to be in place anymore, the drivers seat has been repaired, what ever else has happened in the 18 months since I part ex,d it I cannot say.
suffice to say if I had the money I would buy it back, the car I bought from them as been good just a few normal D3 issues
PM me for any more info after you've seen it,

regards
martin.
By andyhirst - 7 Nov 2018

martin bisby - 7 Nov 2018
andyhirst - 7 Nov 2018
Thanks
Andy

because they have advertised it all wrong, anyone trawling the net will see limited edition and 3,9 engine, totally wrong totally misleading, its a genuine G4 that the Australian team had, its the 4.0l Thor engine.
phew rant over,
seriously it was mine for 12 + years, its had an engine rebuild, and serviced as, its lost the original warn winch as it went furbar whilst being used, the roof rack floor is still in my possession, well the new replacement is, the original went and disintegrated, I still have the two winch mounted warn spot lights and a warn receiver billet plus a genuine LR tow bar to fit the receiver all for sale .
the garage has painted what appears to be raptor style paint over the RAI and then stuck the top back on completely arse about face. they appear to have over sprayed the winch rope too. the Optima red top battery doesn't appear to be in place anymore, the drivers seat has been repaired, what ever else has happened in the 18 months since I part ex,d it I cannot say.
suffice to say if I had the money I would buy it back, the car I bought from them as been good just a few normal D3 issues
PM me for any more info after you've seen it,

regards
martin.

Thanks Martin
 I will contact you once I've seen it
Andy
By Radeco - 7 Nov 2018

Oh dear what butchers. good to hear from you again Martin.
By martin bisby - 10 Nov 2018

Did no one go to see the vehicle?

Regards
Martin
By andyhirst - 10 Nov 2018

Hi Martin, yes I viewed the car yesterday,
I made them an offer and am waiting for their response
I will let you know the outcome
Andy
By rpreston1965 - 13 Nov 2018

andyhirst - 7 Nov 2018
martin bisby - 7 Nov 2018
andyhirst - 7 Nov 2018
Thanks
Andy

Hi Martin / Andy,

After speaking to you last week Martin I saw Andy's post so I decided I was not going to get into a 'two horse race' with a fellow member as the only beneficiary of that scenario would be the dealer.  Typical though they have it for sale for 18 months and then two people want it at the same time!  If Andy doesn't buy it I will go and take a look next week.  Andy do you mind sharing what your offer was? Completely understand if you want to keep it confidential.

Kind regards,

Robert 

Thanks Martin
 I will contact you once I've seen it
Andy

Hi Andy / Martin,

Martin after we spoke last week I saw Andy's post that he was going to view it on Friday. I didn't want to get into a two horse race with a fellow member as this only benefits the dealer!  I thought I'd wait to see if Andy buys it first.

Andy would you mind sharing what you offered?  Completely understand if you want to keep it confidential, but it would help me to gauge the current market value when I'm looking at others.  Please can you post here if you get it or not.

Martin hopefully your beloved car might find a new home soon!

Kind regards

Robert
By andyhirst - 13 Nov 2018

Hi Robert
I made them a silly offer of £6k to see how they would react.
They seem very reluctant to reduce the car much
He said £8400 would get the car, I suspect they would accept an off of £8k
Before I go any further on this carI am going to look at the one at Junction 59 classics
So feel free to bid on it
Andy

andyhirst - 13 Nov 2018
Hi RobertI made them a silly offer of £6k to see how they would react.They seem very reluctant to reduce the car muchHe said £8400 would get the car, I suspect they would accept an off of £8kBefore I go any further on this carI am going to look at the one at Junction 59 classics So feel free to bid on itAndy

Hi Andy,

£6k was where I saw the car as well.  I must admit the 4 litre petrol scares me a bit and when I asked Martin what he got to the gallon his response was (albeit with good humour) "if you are worried abut the MPG you shouldn't buy it!"  What did you think of it 'in the flesh?'

Regards

Robert
By martin bisby - 12 Dec 2018

so the garage have not fallen over backwards to accept your offers?
sad to see it still there

regards
martin
By rpreston1965 - 12 Dec 2018

martin bisby - 12 Dec 2018
so the garage have not fallen over backwards to accept your offers?
sad to see it still there

regards
martin
By rpreston1965 - 12 Dec 2018

Hi Martin,

No it seems they are holding out for more.  Perhaps after Xmas they might want some cash in the bank. I intend to speak to them again in the new year.

regards

Robert
By andyhirst - 12 Dec 2018

Hi Robert
I thought it wore it’s mileage well,but was missing a few things.
I really can’t see them getting anywhere near £8k for it
The mpg doesn’t bother me as it wouldn’t be an everyday vehicle.
But they don’t seem to be in any hurry to sell
Andy
By Njpaice - 20 Dec 2018

To Be fair £8k is were it should be really, I wouldn't sell mine for less than£12k, Mine is complete though.
By Peter evans - 4 Jan 2019

Njpaice - 20 Dec 2018
To Be fair £8k is were it should be really, I wouldn't sell mine for less than£12k, Mine is complete though.

looked at this g4  14 mths ago gearbox felt as if it was slipping