G4 Owners Club

borrego yellow 03 freelander 1

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76712.aspx

By yellow2003 - 13 Dec 2018

hi  i have just purchased a freelander 1 in borrego yellow reg cf52hca  and have been told they may be some connection with g4 can anybody throw an light on this regards neil
By Radeco - 13 Dec 2018

Welcome - 
The LR marketing boys decided to produce a limited run of Kalahari G4 Editions - 200 of each in Borrego Yellow and Tangiers Orange. The first to fill the order books would be the colour used in the forthcoming G4 Challenge. Understandably, Tangiers Orange won the day, as it is synonymous with the event.
By Pip66 - 13 Dec 2018

Interesting, as I thought the "Editions" were built after the 03 event !
By Border26 - 13 Dec 2018

Welcome Neil welcome to the orange and now slightly more multi coloured side of land rover.
The G4 editions were technically only in the Disco 2 and Defender and came in Orange, Black, Silver and Yellow. Production started before the original event even ran so that sales could be ready during the March of 2003 when the event took place so there are a good number pre registered before March which would make them 52 plates and some of the last registered have been 04's.
The Freelander never actually got an edition badge here in the UK like it did in the USA but land rover ran the same colour options of the edition range in Kalahari and the G4 owners recognise this and treat them as editions and even have the Edition badges to apply to the front wings in stock if you want to go down that route.
The production of this colour pallet in the Kalahari I believe started as soon as they announced the G4 Editions in late 2002 as it was just paint options required because the Kalahari spec already existed in the LR range.

So welcome again to the club, where are you based and do you fancy helping to brighten up the orange on some club stands in the future?

Jon
By yellow2003 - 16 Dec 2018

Border26 - 13 Dec 2018
Welcome Neil welcome to the orange and now slightly more multi coloured side of land rover.
The G4 editions were technically only in the Disco 2 and Defender and came in Orange, Black, Silver and Yellow. Production started before the original event even ran so that sales could be ready during the March of 2003 when the event took place so there are a good number pre registered before March which would make them 52 plates and some of the last registered have been 04's.
The Freelander never actually got an edition badge here in the UK like it did in the USA but land rover ran the same colour options of the edition range in Kalahari and the G4 owners recognise this and treat them as editions and even have the Edition badges to apply to the front wings in stock if you want to go down that route.
The production of this colour pallet in the Kalahari I believe started as soon as they announced the G4 Editions in late 2002 as it was just paint options required because the Kalahari spec already existed in the LR range.

So welcome again to the club, where are you based and do you fancy helping to brighten up the orange on some club stands in the future?

Jon

hi jon thanks for your help we based between york and leeds having owned discos... defenders... classics in the past inc 6wheel drive camper  and defender campers but now i dont have the knees to maintain them so now its good to get something a bit more reliable and different but keep the landrover badge i have had many happy days greenlaneing in a freelander van that held its own with any landy i paid £830 for the yellow  kalahari and now with the bit of the g4 connection plan to make it the best it can be and will be  coming to see you again at the landy shows  i realise it is stretching it a bit but if its good enough for the g4 club its good  for me