G4 Owners Club

G4 or not G4

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76903.aspx

By Duffy Girl - 21 Jan 2019

Good Morning,
My husband and I have recently bought a D2 in the yellow on a 2004. We both saw it and immediately thought it was G4 vehicle. We know the yellow usually denotes a support vehicle and not the actual challenge vehicles. but that was fine.
My question is I would love to come to events and partake in shows with it etc, but would also like to confirm it is actually a genuine G4 vehicle. I know if I join this club I can find out if/when/where it was used, but if its not a G4 vehicle then I can not be part of this club, so don't want to pay out a membership fee for no reason.
Is there a way I can confirm if it was a G4 D2  first, so I can then decide which club to join?  

Thanks

Duffy girl
By Events - 21 Jan 2019

By the sounds of it you have a "G4 Edition" Vehicle, These were built on the back of the challenge to sell through the dealer network and Land Rovers important link to its buyers as there was no access to the challenge vehicles at the time. It was their way of saying here is your piece of the G4. The Editions have reg numbers from 52 plates to 54plates. There were 200 built for the UK market and that number is split between 4 colours, Silver, Black, Yellow and of course Orange. Orange and Black were the 2 most popular colours followed by silver leaving the yellow being the rarest. (exact numbers of each colour are un known)
Below is a few pics from the sale booklet they did and you will see that there are multiple colour options and bits of additional kit added to the vehicle.

We welcome all G4's Event and Edition to the club, even non G4's. We do say that Event and Edition take priority on club stands at events but everyone is welcome. The plan for the club this year is to build the presence of Editions in the club because a lot of people dont think that they are that important.. we want them to take pride of place centre stage this year.

Shout if you need any more info, youy can find details on joining the club on the link here..
https://www.g4ownersclub.com/joining-the-club
Thanks
Jon

By Duffy Girl - 21 Jan 2019

Events - 21 Jan 2019
By the sounds of it you have a "G4 Edition" Vehicle, These were built on the back of the challenge to sell through the dealer network and Land Rovers important link to its buyers as there was no access to the challenge vehicles at the time. It was their way of saying here is your piece of the G4. The Editions have reg numbers from 52 plates to 54plates. There were 200 built for the UK market and that number is split between 4 colours, Silver, Black, Yellow and of course Orange. Orange and Black were the 2 most popular colours followed by silver leaving the yellow being the rarest. (exact numbers of each colour are un known)
Below is a few pics from the sale booklet they did and you will see that there are multiple colour options and bits of additional kit added to the vehicle.

We welcome all G4's Event and Edition to the club, even non G4's. We do say that Event and Edition take priority on club stands at events but everyone is welcome. The plan for the club this year is to build the presence of Editions in the club because a lot of people dont think that they are that important.. we want them to take pride of place centre stage this year.

Shout if you need any more info, youy can find details on joining the club on the link here..
https://www.g4ownersclub.com/joining-the-club
Thanks
Jon

Brilliant, thank you for your help
By windy miller - 22 Jan 2019

More Edition vehicles are very very welcome ...i likes yellow ....and Orange 
By Eamonn - 23 Jan 2019

Be great to see some 'G4 edition ' vehicles!
By Dwhitmore - 25 Feb 2019

we purchased a yellow G4 edition last Sept, have been working on it in the garage and hoping to be coming to some of the events this year