G4 Owners Club

Reliability

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic76928.aspx

By mikewF1 - 28 Jan 2019

How reliable are the D3's and range rovers. You hear a lot of stories of them reaching a certain age and then having multiple problems, for example the electrics and air suspension. I have also noticed a lot of G4 vehicles for sale at the moment. Are owners experiencing said expensive problems?
By Scotch Ian - 28 Jan 2019

To be honest their like any other vehicle, if looked after properly and maintained well they will go on forever
By Fredmick - 28 Jan 2019

As above....same as any other ageing motor....lets face it they're all over 10yrs old.  But forums are great for help and advice but you tend to only hear the bad stories not so many folks post "my motors running great" for every tale of a bad motor there's several good motors still running just fine. Plus buying a motor such as a G4 they tend to be better looked after than the average school run motor because the owners are mostly enthusiasts so treat their motors with a bit more care and respect.  
By DurtyDisco - 29 Jan 2019

Very much of the opinion as stated above by a few members, that if you use it as it should be used they are very reliable, maintain when required, clean components when you have been off-roading/green landing or doing muddy stuff and you should be fine.....

I recently started getting compressor overheating messages and thought here we go a big bill looming, all I needed to do was clean the crud from my last excursion off road from around the compressor exhaust and it’s now behaving normally.....

Look after them, they will look after you....

There are exceptions to this rule though, and some components will fail, but JLR refuse to acknowledge there is a problem.......