G4 Owners Club

How many 2003 Yellow G4 90 Defenders were made ?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77067.aspx

By Honey Gypsy - 31 Mar 2019

Hi guys,
We bought this awesome 2003 Yellow G4 90 Defender in the UK and loved it so much decided to shipped it home to New Zealand. I need to find out how many were made so I can legally get it on the road here & enjoy it properly.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it’s sitting lonely in my garage.
Thanks Jody
By Events - 1 Apr 2019

This is a tough one as we dont know the exact number.
That said we know that there was 200 Defenders and 200 Discos made, within that number its split down in to the 4 colours (Silver, Black, Yellow and Orange) for the defender this is also split again between 90 and 110..

If it was split evenly you could say 25 cars of each size and colour but we believe its much lower than that for the defender overall in yellow as it was the least popular choice back in 2004. Orange and black took the lions share of build slots in the factory followed by silver then yellow in last place.  Personally i would say there is about 30 between the 90 and 110 but this is purely a guess.

Thanks
Jon

By Honey Gypsy - 2 Apr 2019

Thank you Jon for your information.
We had thought there were maybe 300, so didn’t realise there were so few.
We bought it for the colour as we are beekeepers, but if we can’t get a special permit for it then we may have to send it back to the UK.
Thanks
Jody