G4 Owners Club

G4 110 defender (2009 Support vehicle)

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77125.aspx

By Cruiser80 - 3 May 2019

Just a quick question on colour.
Were they painted orange from scratch from the factory? Or stock that was repainted orange?

Thanks

Just when I did a check on yet reg it came up with a colour change 3 weeks after first registered
By Gazdiver - 3 May 2019

Orange from the factory 99% 
registration and VIN Would help 

Gazdiver - 3 May 2019
Orange from the factory 99% 
registration and VIN Would help 

Registration is BP07PGE
Dont know vin

Its the one nene overland are selling.

By windy miller - 4 May 2019

They were all white ones then sprayed Orange at the Factory from what i real ,certainly is you look in those hard to get at places it is white .  
By Cruiser80 - 4 May 2019

windy miller - 4 May 2019
They were all white ones then sprayed Orange at the Factory from what i real ,certainly is you look in those hard to get at places it is white .  

This one was originally black, then 8 weeks after first reg painted orange.

Does this sound legit?
By windy miller - 4 May 2019

if you get the Chassis no Jon can look it up 
By Cruiser80 - 4 May 2019

Thanks Windy!

Will try and find out
By Border26 - 4 May 2019

Cruiser80 - 4 May 2019

Thanks Windy!

Will try and find out

All 2003 vehicles started out orange. 2006 some were orange and some were black as LR pinched cars that were the right speck off the line when they needed them. In 08 again the same thing happened and many right spec cars were re sprayed oranee for the recce to Mongolia.
 Defender PGE is a genuine event vehicle and yes currently for sale at nene overland with a high price tag. I know of another that has a slightly higher tag which indicates that the 7 made and 1 now written off leaving 6... The 2 priced near £40k are the right price.

Jon
By stu_007 - 4 May 2019

Having owned one they were black then taken from production line and painted orange. Four used on Mongolian recce, one loaned by LR Expendition by University students; Atlantic Rising.