G4 Owners Club

Starter Trouble with 2006 G4 Disco 3

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77148.aspx

By L18OYD - 22 May 2019

Hi
Has anyone had erratic starter Trouble with their V8. Mine has been in the garage for over a week. The battery was changed 3 years ago. It gets to 98% at full charge but otherwise seems fine. It has had a new alternator 2 years ago. The car sometimes starts - usually at the garage - and sometimes does not at all - usually with me or worse with the wife.
The starter does sound a bit laboured but then for the 7 years I’ve had the G4 it has always sounded the same.
The current faults that I had are shown. But now having been with the garage for 3 days these faults have been cleared. Yesterday the garage had trouble starting and are back to diagnostics.
By L18OYD - 11 Jun 2019

I have changed The battery, and the alternator. All the diagnostics have been reset. The car runs like a dream. But then yesterday the engine warning light came on again. And I had difficulty Starting the car. I needed jump leads. Has anyone had a similar experience… I understand replacing the starter motor is an involved job… I wonder if this is the problem?
By AntV8 - 17 Jun 2019

L18OYD - 11 Jun 2019
I have changed The battery, and the alternator. All the diagnostics have been reset. The car runs like a dream. But then yesterday the engine warning light came on again. And I had difficulty Starting the car. I needed jump leads. Has anyone had a similar experience… I understand replacing the starter motor is an involved job… I wonder if this is the problem?

Not sure how it works on the D3 for replacing, but if it was on my D2 or RRC doing that I would be changing it for sure as the brushes could be knackered!
By Njpaice - 11 Jul 2019

Hi Lloyd I had starting trouble with My D2 and it turned out to be the MAF sensor.  Nigel
By L18OYD - 13 Aug 2019

Thanks All
So car starts now.
New Alternator
new Starter motor
New battery

However, does anyone have a pdf they can send of the wiring diary?

The car now stalls occasionally due to the fuel pump fuse under the bonnet (fuse 6 I believe - 15amp) blowing.

We think it’s something to do with the sensors as the car seems to be a bit blobby as it runs.

Help appreciated as ever!