G4 Owners Club

2008 G4 Freelander--Roofrack and Decals wanted

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77260.aspx

By callumjack - 16 Jul 2019

Hi

Just bought a 2008 G4 Freelander Support vehicle.

It doesnt have the roof rack and the decals for the 2008/9 Event

Is there anywhere I can obtain these,second hand or new ?

Many thanks

Sam

07836 691616 or info@vhfl.com
By Events - 17 Jul 2019

Morning Sam

The chances of finding the rack are zero im afraid. the reason for this is that LR built 7 FL2's but only prepared 2 fully for the challenge.
What Reg is on the car and ill check and see if this was originally one of the 2... otherwise it was delivered naked and topless.

On the decal front we have a supplier that can do a complete kit for you and even fit if you if you can get the vehicle to Aylesbury Buckinghamshire. Cost can be hefty on the decals because the year and the longer decals needed to wrap round the car, I would reccomend becoming a club member as you get 10 or 15% discount on them when ordering.

Jon

By callumjack - 17 Jul 2019

Events - 17 Jul 2019
Morning Sam

The chances of finding the rack are zero im afraid. the reason for this is that LR built 7 FL2's but only prepared 2 fully for the challenge.
What Reg is on the car and ill check and see if this was originally one of the 2... otherwise it was delivered naked and topless.

On the decal front we have a supplier that can do a complete kit for you and even fit if you if you can get the vehicle to Aylesbury Buckinghamshire. Cost can be hefty on the decals because the year and the longer decals needed to wrap round the car, I would reccomend becoming a club member as you get 10 or 15% discount on them when ordering.

Jon

Ideal--many thanks

By Camel - 19 Jul 2019

callumjack - 17 Jul 2019
Events - 17 Jul 2019
Morning Sam

Jon

Ideal--many thanks

There are plenty of company's that can make you a copy of the G4 rack. Probably best to photograph and measure one in detail first before contacting them so they now exactly what they are getting into and can give you a guide price.
https://www.mcb4x4.com/code/products.php  A quick search found this.
By Mattg - 19 Jul 2019

Hi
I have just had a roofrack made
It was for a freelander 1
It was a company in Newcastle called spanner monkeys
It was 450 bare metal tube
(I added some bits to it myself to take warn lights and the plaques )
It will be at kelmarsh if you want to see it in person
They may be worth a try
Hope that helps
Matt
By callumjack - 26 Aug 2019

Events - 17 Jul 2019
Morning Sam

Jon

Jon

Still no details on these decals--if the Club arent able to supply is there another supplier we could approach ?

thanks

sam