G4 Owners Club

How Limited was the D2 G4 Limited Edition?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77339.aspx

By Skelts - 10 Sep 2019

Hello all!

I am new to the Forum and relatively new to a 2003 Black D2 G4 'Limited' Edition TD5. Absolutely love her in everyway, oily loom and all. 
But i have absolutely no idea of its history! From what i can gather, from our good friend google, it was Land Rovers hurrah to the G4 challenge vehicles?

So my question is just how many of the Limited edition vehicles were produced?

Hopefully one of you fine people have an answer or a direction to somebody with encyclopaedic knowledge of LR's very bright history. 

Thank you!

Jamie
By Secretary - 11 Sep 2019

Skelts - 9 Sep 2019
Hello all!

I am new to the Forum and relatively new to a 2003 Black D2 G4 'Limited' Edition TD5. Absolutely love her in everyway, oily loom and all. 
But i have absolutely no idea of its history! From what i can gather, from our good friend google, it was Land Rovers hurrah to the G4 challenge vehicles?

Hopefully one of you fine people have an answer or a direction to somebody with encyclopaedic knowledge of LR's very bright history. 

Thank you!

Jamie

Hi Jamie
We understand there were approximately 200 of each colour released in "Edition" spec to celebrate the challenge
Java Black, Zambezi Silver, Borrego Yellow and Tangiers Orange.
Sadly we have no records from JLR to support actual numbers released.
Hope that helps.
By Skelts - 11 Sep 2019

Secretary - 11 Sep 2019
Skelts - 9 Sep 2019
Hello all!

Thank you!

Jamie

Hi Jamie
We understand there were approximately 200 of each colour released in "Edition" spec to celebrate the challenge
Hope that helps.

Thank you Andy!

Have we got any idea how many are still on the road?

Cheers
By Secretary - 12 Sep 2019

Skelts - 11 Sep 2019
Secretary - 11 Sep 2019
Skelts - 9 Sep 2019
Hello all!

Thank you!

Jamie

Hi Jamie
Hope that helps.

Thank you Andy!

Cheers

Without the registrations, we could not say, all we have is a number of VIN numbers I'm afraid....

I have also been advised there were 200 D2's also created for the European market, beloved to break down as:
120 Tangiers orange
40 Java Black
30 Zambezi Silver
10 Borrego Yellow
By Skelts - 15 Sep 2019

Secretary - 12 Sep 2019
Skelts - 11 Sep 2019
Secretary - 11 Sep 2019
Skelts - 9 Sep 2019
Hello all!

Thank you!

Jamie

Hi Jamie
Hope that helps.

Thank you Andy!

Cheers

Without the registrations, we could not say, all we have is a number of VIN numbers I'm afraid....

I have also been advised there were 200 D2's also created for the European market, beloved to break down as:
120 Tangiers orange
40 Java Black
30 Zambezi Silver
10 Borrego Yellow

Thanks again Andi

Never knew it was that rare!
I'd better take even more care of her...

Cheers