G4 Owners Club

2008 G4 Challenge provenance / build documentation?

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77488.aspx

By SeattleG4 - 13 Jan 2020

Hello:
I own a 2008 G4 Challenge truck, built for the Nevada Passage event in 2008. I've lately been wondering about insurance ... it seems likely that an insurance company will elect to write-off (total) the car should repairs be required because it would be valued just like any 11 year old 2008 HSE with 88k miles. Is it possible to contact the Land Rover factory to obtain documentation of my vehicles provenance? I did that years ago for an Alfa Romeo I owned, a free service offered by the factory in Italy.
Cheers,
Michael
By DurtyDisco - 24 Jan 2020

SeattleG4 - 13 Jan 2020
Hello:
I own a 2008 G4 Challenge truck, built for the Nevada Passage event in 2008. I've lately been wondering about insurance ... it seems likely that an insurance company will elect to write-off (total) the car should repairs be required because it would be valued just like any 11 year old 2008 HSE with 88k miles. Is it possible to contact the Land Rover factory to obtain documentation of my vehicles provenance? I did that years ago for an Alfa Romeo I owned, a free service offered by the factory in Italy.
Cheers,
Michael

Hi, I would contact LR in the US as it is most likely that your vehicle was built in the US at a dealer as the Nevada Passage was a small vehicle run (around 10 I think), they should be able to help with the build spec, if not the 2008 D3 build spec is available on the forum.
We have access to the database of vehicles built at Solihull in the UK or the 2003, 2006 and 2009 Challenges, but I don't believe this includes the Nevada Passage vehicles.
As to value, really depends on age condition and servicing, some of the UK/EU based vehicles have valuations in excess of £30K with an approved insurance assessment, given the rarity of the Nevada Passage cars in the US I would get an independent assessment lodged with your insurance, it may cost you a few dollars, but couldsave you thousands
Hope that helps.
By SeattleG4 - 4 Feb 2020

DurtyDisco - 24 Jan 2020
SeattleG4 - 13 Jan 2020
Hello:
Cheers,
Michael

Hi, I would contact LR in the US as it is most likely that your vehicle was built in the US at a dealer as the Nevada Passage was a small vehicle run (around 10 I think), they should be able to help with the build spec, if not the 2008 D3 build spec is available on the forum.
We have access to the database of vehicles built at Solihull in the UK or the 2003, 2006 and 2009 Challenges, but I don't believe this includes the Nevada Passage vehicles.
As to value, really depends on age condition and servicing, some of the UK/EU based vehicles have valuations in excess of £30K with an approved insurance assessment, given the rarity of the Nevada Passage cars in the US I would get an independent assessment lodged with your insurance, it may cost you a few dollars, but couldsave you thousands
Hope that helps.

Thanks very much. In retrospect it makes sense they were built here in the states.. I have been through some of the wiring and found that the spot lights seem not to have been installed to the standard I'd have expected from the factory. I mean its not terrible, just not perfect.