G4 Owners Club

Freelander Kalahari G4

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77543.aspx

By andyfreelandy - 11 Feb 2020

Just bought a 2003 model of the above. I know that they were promotion vehicles as it is a 1.8 petrol. All I can find is a few hundred of the Tangiers were made with a similar number in yellow.

Does anyone know how many remain in service in G4 colours??

Also, would be interested in the standard spec, what wheels would it have been fitted with originally etc.

Many thanks
By andyfreelandy - 20 Apr 2020

andyfreelandy - 11 Feb 2020
Just bought a 2003 model of the above. I know that they were promotion vehicles as it is a 1.8 petrol. All I can find is a few hundred of the Tangiers were made with a similar number in yellow.

Also, would be interested in the standard spec, what wheels would it have been fitted with originally etc.

Many thanks

No one knows how many it seems!!

Can anyone say what wheels it would have been supplied with? It has HSE Trek wheels but I have a set of 6 spoke Freedom alloys. 
By AntV8 - 23 Apr 2020

andyfreelandy - 20 Apr 2020

Many thanks

Can anyone say what wheels it would have been supplied with? It has HSE Trek wheels but I have a set of 6 spoke Freedom alloys. 

Hi Andy

There are not that many about. My dad actually has one. (Just had to redo the head gasket, classic 1.8 issue!)

We fitted the 5 spoke rims that would have been on the real challenge vehicles. There are some brouchers on ebay about the vehicles. So that might show the options it had when new? As not 100% sure myself what they came fitted with!

This image might help,

Ant

By andyfreelandy - 23 Apr 2020

AntV8 - 23 Apr 2020
andyfreelandy - 20 Apr 2020

Many thanks

Hi Andy

There are not that many about. My dad actually has one. (Just had to redo the head gasket, classic 1.8 issue!)

We fitted the 5 spoke rims that would have been on the real challenge vehicles. There are some brouchers on ebay about the vehicles. So that might show the options it had when new? As not 100% sure myself what they came fitted with!

This image might help,

Ant

Thanks Ant,

Brochure shows 6 spoke freedom 17 inch alloys.

The 16 inch were 5 spoke.
I am enjoying mine, might do a V6 conversion or just enjoy it as it is. It has had the HG done twice according to history and has the cooling mods so hopefully with gentle use it will be fine.
Mine is a 2003, originally from Chester.
By Radeco - 26 Apr 2020

Who - in their right mind would put a V6 in a Freelander.
Clue - Land Rover ?
By andyfreelandy - 26 Apr 2020

Radeco - 26 Apr 2020
Who - in their right mind would put a V6 in a Freelander.
Clue - Land Rover ?

Tis true!! Nice combination though when it is working well and if you have 5 ft long thin arms to work on the engine!!
By Mattg - 28 Apr 2020

Kalahari came with these ๐Ÿ‘
They are 17โ€
The event cars had the 16โ€
The dunsfold collection has a genuine car for ref pics
I do have a set of 5 of the 17โ€ wheels for sale in Leicester they are easy to come by
Hope that helps
By Mattg - 28 Apr 2020

Sorry
Pics uploaded the wrong way
That is how the event vehicles look
By Mattg - 28 Apr 2020

Kalahari 17โ€
By tengarisur - 10 Dec 2021

Nice combination though when it is working well and if you have 5 ft long thin arms to work on the engine!!
By tengarisur - 10 Dec 2021

I am enjoying mine, might do a V6 conversion or just enjoy it as it is.