G4 Owners Club

D3G4 - tyre advice needed

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77714.aspx

By wilboy - 7 Oct 2020

Hi all -

While working on the D3, I realised his tyres are starting to crack on the inside wall... there's plenty of tread left, so I guess this is just age related (I feel similar some days).

Anyone have any advice on what new tyres to put on now that the original spec ones are out of production in this size (255/55R19)? I was thinking of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (might need to sell something to afford them) - anyone tried these? I'd like to keep the car looking as original as possible.

I use the car for daily commute, rescuing dogs from muddy fields, motorways and occasional towing. I'd probably keep the original wrangers mtrs for offroad use, or anything where I'm likely to put a rock through them.

Thanks in advance -
By yellodisco - 18 Oct 2020

wilboy - 7 Oct 2020
Hi all -

While working on the D3, I realised his tyres are starting to crack on the inside wall... there's plenty of tread left, so I guess this is just age related (I feel similar some days).

Anyone have any advice on what new tyres to put on now that the original spec ones are out of production in this size (255/55R19)? I was thinking of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (might need to sell something to afford them) - anyone tried these? I'd like to keep the car looking as original as possible.

I use the car for daily commute, rescuing dogs from muddy fields, motorways and occasional towing. I'd probably keep the original wrangers mtrs for offroad use, or anything where I'm likely to put a rock through them.

Thanks in advance -

Hi, just noticed this post. I've got current version of the Duratracs on mine, and I think that's what quite a few others use now. Great all round tyre - i was surprised just how good it was in snow last winter. Tyreleader appear to have stock @ £126

By DurtyDisco - 12 Nov 2020

Hi Will, 
On my 2nd set of Duratracs on my 2008 D3 myself, lovely manners on the road, and very good in the mud too.
I get mine from Camskill Tyres £113.40 inc vat - Link below
Goodyear Duratrac 255/55/19