G4 Owners Club

Information on my D2

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic77855.aspx

By Blakeoakley - 5 May 2021

Hello all

Just picked up another facelifted D2 to add to the collection.
Bit of an Ebay bargain at £316 which are few and far between i believe! Needs some tlc but most bits are there thankfully considering it was a steal!
Can anyone shed any light on this vehicle the reg number will be attached in a mo... GP53 ZBV
Has the seats & stickered up as a G4
Edition, would just like some info on how
Many of these where produced and what differs over a normal trim D2.

Tia
Blake
By Events - 3 Jun 2021

Blakeoakley - 5 May 2021
Hello allJust picked up another facelifted D2 to add to the collection. Bit of an Ebay bargain at £316 which are few and far between i believe! Needs some tlc but most bits are there thankfully considering it was a steal! Can anyone shed any light on this vehicle the reg number will be attached in a mo... GP53 ZBV Has the seats & stickered up as a G4Edition, would just like some info on howMany of these where produced and what differs over a normal trim D2.Tia Blake

Hi Blake, not sure if you have had any direct replys from any one yet?

The registration in question would lead me to say you gave purchased a G4 Edition, this should be designated on the vehicle with the decals as mentioned in the front wings. on your V5c it will probably appear as a Discovery GS as Land Rover didn't appear to list many as editions like the defenders.
The were 200 built for the european market though not every country took the 4 colour options available and the UK was the only market to take all 4 colours (Yellow, Silver, Black and Orange). The silver is the second rarest colour with a guestimated 20 ish built... There was around 120-130 in orange.

We have a few editions in the club now and you would be very welcome to join us and we would love a silver edition on a the club stand at shows.we also have a club whatsapp for members where you can ask questions to other members if you want a quick answer 😉... it is not the frequented forum as we dont have thousands of members. if you want to join us drop Ant our membership officer an email and he will sort you out. ant@g4ownersclub.com 

Jon
By Blakeoakley - 3 Jun 2021

Good morning Jon

Thank you for the informed reply!
It is indeed silver, i would like to join the club once this is back and in shape again which is an ongoing saga waiting on parts etc.
Annoyingly someone has had the tubular roof rails off etc and they are gone and i am struggling to justify the £500 price tag i can find them for so will have to be the cheaper standard option currently.
Long and short someone has used it as a parts car so i am currently spending a lot of time dealing with picking parts up where i can which is fun but nether the less it is coming along!
Hopefully see you out and about on some club meets when the time has come to finally get her running!
By Border26 - 3 Jun 2021

Good to hera of another Vehicle being restored, Keep up the good work and feel free to start a Restoration post and keep us all informed on how its going.
As a Guide when its complete it should be worth £3500-£6000 depending on condition overall if you need to justify they price, they dont come up very often.

Just also realised ive changed accounts from Events to Me... Not retyping... Looking forward to a completed edition in the fold.

Jon
By IkanOpit - 30 Jun 2021

Good evening everyone.
Myself and my lad have just purchased this Silver G4 GP53 ZBV from Blake, the restoration will continue so any help or advise would be great.
Many thanks