G4 Owners Club

Burrego Yellow Discovery 2 G4

https://forum.g4ownersclub.com/Topic78319.aspx

By Gaza121 - 27 Feb 2023

I have literally just purchased a 2004 Borrego Yellow Discovery 2 G4, purchased directly from the Dunsfold Collection.
I believe its 1 of 8 made in this colour and wouldn't have been an event vehicle
Has anyone here got any history on it as I think is was made as a Landrover promotional vehicle and also possible as a Landover experience car
I would like to fit a G4 roof rack at somepoint if anyone has one!
Any yes I need sunglasses
Regards Gary

By G4 disco 2 - 28 Feb 2023

Hi mate have one these myself 2004 automatic believe they were 6 manuals and 2 autos made to order dont know how true but been trying to purchase that disco for a while and told wasent for sale did you pay over 10k?
By Gaza121 - 28 Feb 2023

G4 disco 2 - 28 Feb 2023
Hi mate have one these myself 2004 automatic believe they were 6 manuals and 2 autos made to order dont know how true but been trying to purchase that disco for a while and told wasent for sale did you pay over 10k?

No didn't pay over 10k for it, need some very light resto but will make it perfect , did you see it at the Dunsfold collection as I purchased direct from Phil at Dunsfold
By G4DiscoPaul - 28 Mar 2023

Gaza121 - 27 Feb 2023
I have literally just purchased a 2004 Borrego Yellow Discovery 2 G4, purchased directly from the Dunsfold Collection.
I believe its 1 of 8 made in this colour and wouldn't have been an event vehicle
Has anyone here got any history on it as I think is was made as a Landrover promotional vehicle and also possible as a Landover experience car
I would like to fit a G4 roof rack at somepoint if anyone has one!
Any yes I need sunglasses
Regards Gary

Hi Gary,
Wow! That is an awesome purchase. We are still not sure how many D2's were built with Borrego Yellow paintwork, possibly a few more than 8, but you can be sure that this one is the only one with the map contour lines on it. Safety Devices still produce a highline rack, which is basically the same as a D2 G4 rack, but just a little higher and will fit over the roof bars and allow the sunroof to be partially opened. The Safety Devices Lowline racks that were used on the G4 D2's are very hard to come by indeed. Of all the G4 D2 edition's produced, this one is probably the most unique in it's standard form. I am well jealous, what a great car..

Hopefully we will see it a show on the G4 stand sometime in the future..
By Gaza121 - 20 Jun 2023

8 built in total

6 x Manuals

2 x Autos

Spoken to the other auto owner and it’s being restored but has no decals on it